Ch 29:

C.

I watched as Blade played in his pudding. I had finished mine already, an hour ago. He was thinking. Thinking hard. I placed my hand on his forearm, bringing his focus to me.

"Stop worrying, Ces." he smiled, "I'm fine. Worrying is bad for the baby."

"Worrying is bad for you too." I added, shifting and getting out of my chair, and settling by him.

I stole his pudding, and he gave me a perplexed look. I kissed his turned up lips and continued eating his pudding.

"So, you excited about being a dad?"

He looked at the ceiling as if finding the words to speak. He looked at me and smiled.

"When Kylie told me she was pregnant... I cried." He bit his lip, "I didn't want to be a dad, I still don't." I frowned, my heart dropped, and tears started to form, "But, when you told me about our baby, I was so happy, so fucking happy. I'm going to be a father. And that's what I always wanted, to be a father not a dad." I wiped the stray tear on his face, and replaced it with a kiss.

"Yes, baby, you're a father." I nearly cried.

He groaned and grunted as he sat up and started to turn toward me.

"I'm sore as hell," he whispered under his breath.

I placed my hand on his chest gently, and applied light pressure. Letting him know I wanted him to sit back and take it easy.

"Shh." I calmed, I grabbed his face and pecked his perky lips, "I know-we know." He smiled, and rubbed my shoulder.

No more words were exchanged, it was an intense a staring contest and I was surely losing. But, I couldn't help but smile. Life was turning around for me. I had a wonderful wolf...man, protecting me. Loving me, finally all about me. And I can honestly say, Blade, although he caused me to have the heart attack of a century. Is the best thing that's ever happened to me.

"Get out of here." He smiled at me, "I can tell you haven't been outside in weeks."

"Babe-"

"Babe." He interrupted, "At least go catch a shower, maybe go get your nails done, a massage, then come back." He smiled.

"I-"

"My wallets with my things." Was all he said before shifting and closing his eyes.

"Blade-"

"He's not here at the moment." He whispered.

I rolled my eyes and levitated off the chair in search of his things. I go in the 2x2 excuse of a bathroom, and see a clear bag. It had the outfit he got shot in, and his shoes inside.

I rambled through the mess, whoever put these clothes in here is messy as hell! I picked up his wallet and opened it to find a small picture of me in it. I was touched, but where'd he get this? I shrugged. After All, he was banging Kylie, probably hoe'd for a picture. I took about $40, his car keys, and left the room.

I gathered my coat and kissed his cheek before I left his room, and headed to his car. As I got in I noticed, the car smelled exactly like him. It soothed my nerves and in that moment everything was okay!