Ch 28: Rise and Shine

"For real this time."

His arm twitched, and his eyes slowly opened. I grabbed his face and kissed him immediately. He was surprised but returned my kiss with passion.

"What'd you just say?" His voice cracked. I placed the test in his hand. He examined it, and smiled, the biggest grin, "Is it ours?" I nodded, tears still falling.

He opened his arms, and I fell into his chest. He grunted but laughed, "Emotional are we?" He joked.

I sat up and gently punched his chest, "Jerk!" I laughed, "It took me getting pregnant to wake you up!"

"Well," he shrugged, "I guess."

"I'll go get your doctor."

"No-" he stopped me, "All I want with me right now is you."

My heart fluttered. I didn't know what to say or do so I placed my lips on his. He turned his head toward me "You wait until I get out of this hospital." He whispered.

"I will." I giggled. He giggled along and then I heard a long gasp, I turned to see his mother sprinting toward him

"Blade!" She hailed, "My baby, are you alright."

"I'm fine." He laughed as she latched onto him in a hug, "Mom." He sighed, she immediately stopped smiling and shot him a parent look.

"What?"

"I'm no longer a wolf." He cleared his chest, "I can't be alpha. Ryan will take my place."

Her face was stunned. She stood there in bitter awe. She turned to me, with a fearsome look on her face.

"It was for her?" Blade looked at his mom, then me.

"It was for me." He answered.

The room was filled to the top with tension. I gulped hard, and stared into there deviant eyes, they were so much hatred in his moms eyes.

"You'd never do that for yourself." She spat, "It was for this-"

"ENOUGH." He broke, "Even if it was...she's been more family to me than you ever will be."

"You know what this means right?" She sighed, "Its war."

He held his head as if it hurt and I rushed to his side, I laid him down and insured he was okay.

"Mrs. W, I'm sure Blade would love to chat about the fam later, he needs rest."

She stuck up her nose, adjusted her skirt and waltz out of his room. I sighed and felt his warm hand touch my side.

"Don't worry about her babe." He said, as loud as his horse voice would allow. He lowered his hand to my stomach, "We'll be fine."

------