Chapter 5: This...

C.

My heart dropped and tongue was numb. He was crazy! Werewolf? Seriously, the first boy I actually liked was mental.

"Nope." I refused standing up, "I'm not giving in to this sadistic shit."

"Ces." He grabbed my wrist, which was shaking, "It's not sadistic, it's the truth."

"Prove it." I spat. I knew I sounded as if I believed him but I truly didn't. He scratched his head and looked at his guest.

"I'm obviously not going to show you an alpha." He giggled, "But my therapist," He turned to the guy in front of him, "He's a council. Very small wolf, almost normal sized."

Blade got up and stood beside me and looked deep in his therapist eyes, there was a sharp silence before the sound of cracking bones and growls broke it.

His about 6'1 therapist had turned into a 10 foot beast. I was stunned, heart pumping I wanted to run, I really did but my feet were glued to the floor.

Blade noticed my fright and snapped his therapist back to shape. Blade's cold soft hands touched my shoulder and his smile enlighten my eyes.

"This is real..." He whispered, "We are real-"

I held up my hand, saying nothing. I'm pretty sure he could read my face and tell I had nothing more to say. He bit his lip and turned to his waiting therapist.

"Go...Phobes." Blade spoke softly, "Tomorrow maybe?"

"Okay." Phobes rushed through the door no hesitations.

As the door slammed I mentally shut down.

B.

Cesia stood in front of me. Silent I grabbed her forearm and pulled her close, she just looked down. She seemed like she couldn't even register she was in my arms. That hurt, a lot.

"Take me home." She bluntly stated.

"Ces-"

"Fine," She pulled away, "I'll walk."

I grabbed her and she spun to stand directly in front of me. She stared at me, with scare in her eyes.

"Why?" I asked, irritated by her silence I asked again, "Why?! Huh, you scared now?"

"Yes!" She screamed out of silence, "I just saw a man turn from a therapist to a wolf! Okay?! I need time."

I wanted to tell her so badly, there was no time. People wanted her dead, and if this was how she reacted to a wolf she DAMN sure wasn't ready for that.

"Are you like that?"

"Like what?" I questioned.

"Like Phobes."

"Essentially. But, I don't change unless needed or unless intoxicated. And I'm way bigger," I winked, to be returned with a smile and in intentional giggle.

"If you say so," She teased and I was forced to laugh

"So you believe me?" I brought back the serious tone. And she just stared me down.

"Take me home, Blade. Please." She requested.

I started into the distance, trying my hardest not to look at her. I didn't want to see her scared and distraught.

"Alright," I sighed, "Alright," I grabbed my keys and walked into the beaming sunshine, I looked to see Ces with her purked lips.

This was gonna be a long ride...