Chapter 17: Vows

C.

I placed a bookmark in my notebook and stopped writing as I heard tires stop in front of the house. Kylie left the house leaving me alone here. I hopped off the couch, and crossed into the foyer and opened the door to Blades emotionless face.

"Hey-"

"No." He stopped me, "I have something to tell you, and I need you to listen. Not talk." I nodded, skeptical, "I'm madly in love with you. Madly. I can't keep you off my mind...ever. Kylie, she means nothing."

"Blade..." I said, surprised,"There's nothing I want to hear more than that...but Blade you and-and your wolf scare me."

He cupped my face, "I'll get rid of him," he said centimeters from my face, "baby, I'll get rid of him."

"Blade. Your kingdom, your family."

"Means nothing." He replied, "Half of the time, they hate me. They're using me, babe, I don't want that. I truly don't."

"How?"

He sighed and looked over my head. Almost in tears, "My aunt is a witch. She could whip up a potion. That would kill my wolf."

"And not you..."

He didn't say a word, he just looked around and scratched his head. I could feel my temper awaken, "Blade. No." I yelled, with tears falling from my face, "No."

"Ces." He grabbed my flailing arms, "I'm doing this for you...for us." His voice was quiet and oh, so sexual.

"There won't be an us if you're dead."

"The chance of me dying is high." He admitted, bringing his face closer, "but I've done so much to you I deserve to die."

"No. Stop. Listen to me-" He cut me off with a dangerously passionate kiss.

"No, listen to me." He included, "I'd rather die trying, then live doing nothing to protect you."

"I'm fine. You can protect me well enough."

"Not from myself." He added. He stared at me. He landed his soft pink lips on mine one more time before my hormonal instinct kicked in. I was in no control and I loved it.

He lifted me up, wrapping my legs around his torso. I attacked his lips and our tongues danced a passionate tango. He backed his head away and looked at me confused.

"You taste like strawberry shortcake."

"That's a bad thing?"

"No, it drives me fucking crazy."

I grabbed a handful of his hair and smiled against his lips. He put me down exposing his boner. I covered my mouth to laugh.

"It's not funny." He grumbled, "It's your fault."

"That's nice," I teased making him roll his beady eyes.

He grabbed the left side of my waist and pecked my lips, "I have to go see Ryan. Are you okay here, by yourself."

"Actually, we need to talk about Kylie-" Before I could even explain, he started to get an attitude. I grabbed his shoulders firmly, making him look me in the eyes, "She's not pregnant."

He looked at me stunned, "She's- She's not?"

"No." I gave him a baffled look, "I thought you'd be happy,"

"I'm not. And not because I want her to carry my child, but simply because she's in major danger." He searched my dead face for a reaction, "and she's your sister."

"Blade-"

"I definitely cannot stay a wolf now." He said, blankly.

"Blade." I shook him, "I'm here. I'll always be here. Forever and always."

R.

"He has to die." My father rubbed his temples, "Blade's brought so much distraught to our family, and with his pup on the way... He's not needed to keep us in control."

"What do I have to do with this?" I asked, puzzled.

"I want you to do it..."