PREVIEW-The Warriors

Hola! it's a preview:) I posted this because I was getting a little worried that everyone was so confused...

Have no fear, I am hear! And hopefully the prologue to the next book can explain some things.

all rights reserved/ Arrihanna / 2016

The Warriors

PROLOGUE

"Damn,Caine," she laughed brightly, "you got old."

And while the rest of the room erupted with noise, the only thing Caine could do was stand there and look at her.

There was an annoying tug at the back of his mind that wondered if he really did look that much older. It wasn't as if he had actually aged, but when your mate is asleep in some sort of coma for over six years, you tend to get really stressed out. Yes, she was talking about stress lines and the dark circles under his eyes from the sleep he never got.

Then he wondered why he cared so much about how he looked at that moment.

A small hand grabbed onto his shirt. He swallowed and looked down.

She was right there, standing next to him as if nothing had ever changed. She looked perfect.

"Caine?" She said to him. He could barely hear over the ringing in his ears. He breathed in through his nose and out through his mouth.

"Lila," he choked out. Fuck, he almost started to cry.

She smiled at him and pushed her hair out of her face. He noticed that it was quite long... and looked so silky smooth. He reached out and ran his fingers through it. He shut his eyes. It had been so long since he touched her.

And then he grabbed her and picked her up, holding her to his chest. He tucked his face into her neck and breathed her in.

After a long time Lila looked up at him.

"What happened?"

He didn't want to talk about it.

"Later..." He sighed.

It felt so good to hold her, to hear her voice again. He didn't think she would ever wake up. After Octaves put her to sleep, they had tried everything to wake her up. He only stopped after two years with no success.

"You have some grey hair," Lila grinned at him and ran through the hair  on the side on his head.

He frowned.

"I haven't aged," he said quietly.

Her face grew serious and she cupped his face in her hands. "You look older," she said, then laughed, "like your pushing thirty-five."

He chuckled, "liar."

She smiled.

Caine's hand left her waist and grabbed the back of her head, he pressed his lips
to hers.

Lila responded almost immediately and     pressed herself against him.

Their kiss  was rough and needy. Not sweet or even lustful. It was a release of hurt and grief and years without their other half...without their soulmate.

Caine pulled back and hugged Lila tight to him, holding her head in his hand.

" It was so hard without you."

She pulled back at his words and looked into his eyes. "How long has is been?"

"Six years," his voice was dark and empty.

He watched the colour drain from her face. Lila sucked in a sharp breath.

"You killed him?" She asked.

"Yes." He reassured her.

She nodded and rested her head on his shoulder.

Caine didn't let go of her for the rest of the day.

...to be continued.

The Warriors- coming summer 2016