Chapter 13

All rights reserved

The Immortals

Chapter 13 ( r) (new)

I was startled awake by the sound of the emergency alarm.

Strangely enough I was wearing pyjamas and was in my own bed, having no idea how I ended up in my room. I had no recollection of leaving Caine's.

Before I could decipher the answer I  hopped out of bed and rushed to pee and brush my teeth. If I didn't hurry to get ready I would miss the demon attack. Since the start of the alarm, I had about to seven and a half minutes to get my gear on and get to the trucks on the main floor.

I needed to be on one of those trucks.

I rushed down the stairs to the arena to get geared up and found the guys looking fresh faced and ready to go.

Everyone always felt good after the full moon.

Even I was feeling pretty good.

As I hurried over to the weapons storage I realized Caine was standing my the garage door, talking hurriedly to one of the warriors.

I met his eyes and shivered. The dark blue pits stared into my soul and I felt a horrible feeling pass over me. I couldn't tell what it was.

Alec called me over to his truck and I helped him load up a box of ammo.

"What is it?" I asked Alec while strapping on my shoulder holsters.

"A big attack on the Ontario pack. 70 reported dead already. We're going to have to hurry if we want to help at all," he told me and slung one of the biggest guns over his shoulder.

" Load up the trucks then, whoever's ready will go. We don't have time to wait," I yelled at the Warriors and sheathed two long katana blades into the holsters on my back.

"Let's Go everyone!" Ryan and James pulled up two SUVs and we all piled in.

We left a 2 minutes before the sirens turned off and it took us only thirty seconds to drive to the port and make it to the other side.

Ontario was a huge pack, the only one in the entire province actually. This meant lots of land to cover. The portal only brought us to the edge of the property, we had to drive through the rest to where the attack was.

It was bad. Demons were everywhere, and things were one fire. A few wolves were up and fighting, many were injured. I couldn't look away from the bodies that littered the ground every few feet.

We were almost too late. I swallowed hard and looked at Alec.

Everything was pretty much a blur after that.

We jumped right into the fight. I pulled the swords from my back and took action. The destruction that had occurred in such a short time was almost unbelievable.

The demons were separated into two different species. One-small, only about the size of a person, and the second a large one of the Drakon  type.

The small ones were like time bombs. if you injured or killed on of them, they would freeze for two minutes before blowing up and setting things on fire.

Drakon demons were slow, dumb and stupid, but thy were were so large it took three different kill shots to actually kill them.

One lumbered over to me and I shot at it aimlessly, just trying to get him as many times as possible. When it finally went down I spun and dug my sword, down to the hilt into a small red demon.