Chapter 34

all rights reserved/2016

The Immortals- UNEDITED

CHAPTER 34

" She won't let that go for a long time Alec," Caine told him.

Alec nodded at him, fully aware that he had just insulted the Alpha female of the pack. He felt bad but annoyance pushed it's way through and even though he had been an asshole, Alec was too grumpy to really care.

He only said it to upset both of them... sort of. He knew that Lila didn't want Caine to fuck her, so he made the comment. Partly for her and partly for him.  It may have hurt her feelings, but Caine had to leave her alone after it, which made Alec feel slightly better about himself. Caine had everything he wanted, Alec was jealous.

Especially after spending the day with  Kalsey. She knew that bringing his mate into the picture would upset him. Which was why he in such a pissy mood. Also, Alec kind of wanted to fuck Kalsey. Her flaming red hair and giant, innocent looking eyes, made him certain parts of his body stand up. Just thinking about those eyes staring up at him from where she was kneeling in front of his...

" She's also unstable, so insulting her really isn't the answer," Caine growled at him, and downed the last remains of his drink.

Alec grunted back, taking a sip of his drink. He never really cared much for the Vampires Blood. He never liked alcohol.

What he wanted was Caine's mate. She was beautiful on both the inside and out. She was a perfect mate, Caine never realized how lucky he was. He wasn't trying to rip them apart either, Alec just wanted his own mate, and when Caine couldn't have his, it made him feel better about him self.

He knew it was selfish and sick, but sometimes he couldn't always be the nice one.

"I'm saying that you shouldn't force Lila... Fuck man, when she looks at you she sees Octaves," Alec leaned back in his chair and downed his drink, the liquid burning his throat.

Caine grunted, " I know, Alec. But you crossed the line. Now it will be even longer before she'l let me touch her." He finished the bottle and threw it at Alec, who caught it before it hit him.

"Fuck off," Alec whined.

Caine chuckled, Alec had always been a lightweight, the alcohol was already getting to him.

They started there way back towards the house. Ryan had called him and let him know that some of the warriors who had been scouting were back and eating in the pack house.

Caine wanted a status update on Octaves.

~

Before the rest of the Warriors came in, Alec unchained Kalsey and brought her to the basement. He gave me a look before ducking his head and going down the stairs.

I sighed, Kalsey was good company, especially when all you wanted to do was get away from men.

It was nice to talk about regular things for a change.

I dreaded the moment when Alec came back up the stairs. What would he say? What would he want?

I didn't have to ponder this question long as Alec was right back up, he stood in front of me.

"Lila I was helping you, but I didn't really mean what I said, " he crossed his arms over his chest.

I but my lip and turned away from him, "you didn't help me Alec. You made me feel worse," I picked up dishes from the table and put them in the sink, not meeting his eyes.

He growled, " I was upset Lila, it just came out. It was more aimed at Caine, but I should have thought that you would take offence of it," he ran a hand over his hair, frustrated.