Chapter 14

The Immortals

All rights reserved

Chapter 14 (r) (new)

I felt Caine's eyes on me and glanced over.

They were dark and swirling with tight, tension.

Either from me standing too close to his beta or because he was so fricken excited to leave the castle grounds. I wasn't really sure.

I swallowed and turned back to to Alec, who was telling me about the Royals scandal that happened last Christmas. I wasn't really paying attention.

We were all supposed to go for a long run as wolves as soon as Caine sentence was up. And it was due any minute. I was excited for shifting, but was mostly focussed on the twisting cramps that claimed my stomach. My period had come early and in no way gently.

Earlier in the morning it'd taken tremendous effort to stop convulsing on my bed and tell Ryan that I wanted to go on the run with them. I knew that if I hadn't acted fine I would've been forced to stay back. That wasn't happening, I hadn't gotten to shift in weeks and by body was full of undue tension that didn't help me in anyway.

The problem I had only just thought about lied not in the fact that I was on my period, but that I had stupidly used a tampon. I couldn't shift with it in.

Like half a minute to go and Caine would be out of his sentence and I had to go back to the castle.

I winced and sauntered over to Caine.

He eyed me, "what?"

I rubbed my eyes, "I have to pee."

Silence.

"You're fucking with me," he growled and turned back.

I shook my head, I didn't actually have to pee but I did need a sanitary place to dispose of my tampon.

Now some might think- why the hell do werewolves even have periods.

Now people, we may be be half wolf but we are also half human. Which means a human menstrual cycle. Now imagine what happens when we shift. What would happen if we shifted with a tampon in.

It would be a very painful and disgusting experience.

"Dammit,Lilianna" he hissed.

I shrugged, " I'm fine with going alone."
The only reason I was telling him I'm the first place was so that I didn't feel the backlash for it later.

He sighed and grabbed my arm, "Alec." He gestured over the beta.

"I'm taking Lila to the bathroom."

Alec glanced warily at me, " we'll wait for you."

Caine shook his head and settled his gaze upon me, "no. You go, everyone's waiting. We'll catch up with you later. "

Alec nodded, uncertainty written all over his face. One look from Caine told him to get moving.

"I'll see you later then," Alec replied need obediently and took of in the other direction, towards where the rest of the pack was in the midst of stripping and shifting.

I turned towards the castle and began walking. Knowing Caine would follow behind.

The stupid thing was that he didn't trust me enough to be alone, but didn't want to be the one to follow me around.

"I don't need a babysitter, Caine," I called back.

He grunted, "I'll decide."

I rolled my eyes and grinned as I heard Caine growl at me.

Once we were back at one of the entrances I left him and headed to the bathroom.

"Hurry," he said.

After I finished in the washroom I found Caine pacing and grumbling about something when I flung the door open. Caine's head snapped towards me.

He said nothing and turned back around. He jogged out to the courtyard.

I followed and got ready to shift.

I tried not to hide behind a tree when I stripped off my shirt and felt Caine's eyes burn into my flesh. Next I un-clipped my bra and dropped it into my pile of clothes.

Caine growled lowly and the next second was stretching on the ground as a big black wolf. I looked around than dropped my shorts and pulled my wolf out.

I shook out my fur and padded over to Caine, who took one look at me and sprinted out through the gate. I bounded after him.

~

Caine and I  caught the scent of the trail that the pack had followed and turned to go down it.

Lila. Follow. His growl said.

Do not go wandering off.

I snorted loudly and tossed my chocolate brown head to the side, dismissing him.

He growled and bared his teeth at me so I feel in line behind him. No point in starting beef right now. Not when I wanted to enjoy running as a wild beast.

I sensed Caine picking  up his pace to a fast run and followed after.

It didn't take long to catch up with the rest of the pack, and a couple hours later we had circled the outskirts and decided to head back to the castle.

Caine made sure that I shifted and dressed myself far from where the pack could see. Much to my disdain, he watched the whole time, eyeing me with a challenging look.

It was night now and dinner was to be served buffet style in the kitchen. The men shuffled in through the back entrance and went straight to the food. We made our way to the front of the line and filled up. I was starving and Caine was finally in a better mood now had been out of the castle.

~

I was laying face down on the bathroom floor silently whimpering when Marlee came in wielding some painkiller and hot packs.

She clicked her tongue at me and pulled me to my bed.

"Here Lila, swallow these and lay down. I don't know if going on a full day run was the best idea for you-"

I groaned and tried to ignore her motherly ranting. Although my pain had amplified as soon as I shifted back to a human

I quickly downed the pills and pulled the covers up over my shoulders.

Exhausted, I asked Marlee to place the hot packs onto my body to ease my pain.

Then I slept.

Sorry just a filler :(

Love you guys!!

-----

Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait. All of my devices were stolen last week and I couldn't get on to wattpad to write. Anyway... enjoy!

:)

~A