Chapter 10

CHAPTER 10(r)

"-The hearing of Caine Mckenzie Collins will commence now," an old man with white hair yelled loudly from the top of a giant desk. I would've laughed internally at the ridiculousness of Caine's middle name if I wasn't scared shitless of what was about to happen.

I smoothed down my dress, which Alec made me wear and tried to get a good look at Caine, who was just coming in.

They made me sit in the back, Alec was allowed to stay with me but out of the corner of my eye I could see the Royals guards posted on either side of me.

Apparently they were worried I would interfere, which was 100% pointless because I had no clue what was going on. Jokes on them, at this point they could imprison Caine and I wouldn't miss a wink of sleep.

All in all I'd had a pretty confusing morning. I was woken up by the sound of Caine hitting the floor with a 'thud' and then him vomiting all over the bathroom. I squeezed my eyes shut and groaned. The sound of Caine wrenching his guts out was enough to make me want to throw up.

Served him right though. After I left at the party, he stayed behind and drank until he could barely walk. When he did finally make it back to the room he pulled off his clothes and fell onto the bed, pulling my body to his tightly before immediately falling asleep. Since there was no way in hell I was sleeping in the same bed as him, I ended up having to move to the couch.

My face scrunched up with discomfort as recalled the uncomfortable position I had to sleep in. It didn't help that my brain told me to not trust myself to sleep in the same room with the man who had forced himself upon me. The animalistic need inside of me said to snuggle right up to him.

I glanced up at a loud noise and to the front of the room where someone trying to force Caine behind the stand.

The handcuffs that hung from his wrists were split in half, like he had let them put them on him and then simply ripped them apart.

After what seemed like an hour, his gaze met mine and he gave me sly grin before taking a few steps and sitting down in his seat. I tried to narrow my eyes in to slits so that he could see how insignificant he was to me. He just raised an eyebrow and shoved away a guard who was trying to unlock the cuffs.

Six men wearing bullet proof vests marched in and surrounded Caine, they were carrying large weapons that according to Alec were only tranquilizer guns. Two stepped forward and latched Caine's wrists to the chair.

He snarled at them but sat still.

The Judge cleared his throat, "Mr Collins, we have come here today to try you for the death of Michael Mullen," he said and pushed his glasses back onto him nose, "and so tell me Mr Collins what happened that day."

Caine narrowed his eyes like he couldn't believe he was being asked such a stupid question, "I walked in on him about to have sex with my mate," his deep voice was strained, "This was unacceptable, so I killed him."

The way Caine said it made it seem like it was the right thing to do.

The judge clicked his tongue and glanced down his nose.

" Why was he going to have sex with her? It takes two to tango you know," the judge laughed at himself.

I grit my teeth as I felt the stares of everyone in the room.

Caine shook in his chair, " it wasn't her fault," he said through clenched the eth. "She was going though heat."

The judge looked surprised, " why?"