Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8 (part1) (r)

" Oh! But don't you like my dress Caine?" I mocked him and twirled in a circle.

I was out of my pity party phase and now was just really mad. I lifted up my skirts and showed him all of the fancy lingerie I was wearing.

" and these are just for you," I seethed and put on my best fake smile. Caine visibly tensed as he looked at my legs, eyes darkening to a stormy grey.

" I don't have time for your childish ways Lilianna," Caine growled lowly and pulled out a tuxedo from the closet. I made a face.

" By all means Caine, call me Lila," my voice dripped with venom as I circled him.

" I mean.. you've already fucked me," I barked out, " right?"

Caine shook his head and ignored me. I growled and shoved him hard.

He gave me a warning growl and flicked me away with his hand.

I seethed and shoved again. This time not pausing before swinging at him with fists.

He grabbed my wrists tightly and pulled them above my head. Before I could spit at him he grabbed my chin.

"Quit acting like a child. Enough of this, what is done is done. I'm sorry but I had to do it," his breath fanned my face and I felt the tears well up.

He dropped me and proceeded in changing.

" How old are you?" I asked him and stepped back. His jaw was clenched tightly and I could tell he was holding back the information.

I raised my eyebrows at him," well..."

"Four hundred and eleven," he replied.

I almost bit my tongue from surprise but quickly recovered.

I crossed my arms over my chest, " and another four hundred years can go by Caine," I started, " and I will still hate you. Look what you've done?" I shook my head.

"I could've given you everything you wanted. But you ruined it all." I said quietly.

" Yo-"

" ENOUGH," a chair hit the wall next to me and cracked, I let out a small scream of surprise. Caine took two steps towards me and grabbed me by the waist.

He lifted me into the air so that I was at eye level with him. I squirmed. My feet dangled a foot off the ground. I hated when he did this, he did it to make me feel small. I stared into the dark pits of oblivion that were his eyes.

" You can hate me for as long as you want Lila. But I am your Alpha, and your mate. You will respect me and I will do whatever I want with you. Your opinions, your feelings, don't matter to me," he spat, " learn your place bitch and get ready to go."

Again my feet made contact with the floor and I stepped back, hating myself for being so weak. I felt like we've had this argument over and over.

My wolf was crying- had been crying for days. She was morning the lack of attention she was receiving and the force we had earlier in the morning only stopped her for an hour or so. And only if she could get around the fact that not both parties were cooperative.

Realization hit me like a truck, " I can ruin you..." I whispered.

Caine gave me a look that read, "try me."

I turned towards him again, "Tomorrow during your trial, they're going to ask me. And I am going to tell them everything," I felt so brilliant and evil at the same time.

" I'll tell everyone how you forced me into induction, hit me, beat me, marked me, and then I'll tell them- I'll tell them how you raped me!" I yelled at no one really.

He tied his bowtie and snarled at me, "go ahead Lila, they have no power over me. What do you think is going to happen? You'll get taken from me and they'll try you for murder." 

I inhaled sharply through my teeth. He was right, but only if he told them what I had done. 

"The only difference with you is that you won't rot in a jail cell until you die like all the other wolves. You'll be sentenced to death like one of the Immortals."

At this very moment I realized that my life sentence was to be served at Caine's castle and there was no way to get out of it. 

~

"Walk faster,"

" Don't tell me what to do,"

" Are you really going to do this here Lila?"

" Yes,"

"- it wasn't right of me to call you a bitch. I shouldn't have done that."

I flashed my canines, " yeah you calling me a bitch was definitely the worst thing you've done."

Caine growled deep in his throat as a warning and gripped my waist tightly. He hauled me through the doors to the ball room.

The room was huge, loud and packed with people. Caine and I were standing at the top of a huge staircase. Every person was wearing something beautiful. Ball gowns and bowties. Tables lined the walls and huge chandeliers hung from the ceiling.
Overall the place extremely lavish and if I hadn't had such a shitty morning I probably would have been ready to party all night.

I glanced up at Caine and started to walk down the steps. He took one step and gripped my arm tightly.

Caine looked down at me, " Behave Lila," he said and we proceeded down the staircase, him with a solid hold on my hand, and me trying not to roll my eyes at him.

All rights reserved