Chapter 28

UNEDITED

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED-THE IMMORTALS

CHAPTER 28

My whole body felt completely numb. I groaned and lifted my head, the ropes around my wrist were cutting off the circulation from my hands. My whole body ached from hanging so long.

"It's been two weeks Lilianna. Tell me Love, how are you feeling?" Octaves said, sounded agitated. He appeared in front of me, holding up the syringe. Dark black liquid bubbled inside the tube. I winced when he yanked my head to the side and jammed the needle head into my neck.

"Stop," I croaked out, my voice was hoarse from days without water. Octaves huffed, " quit playing games with me Lila."

I lifted my head, my neck hurt. "I can't tell yo-"

His hand gripped my neck, I weezed. "You can and you will!" He growled through gritted teeth. Octaves released my throat and I gasped for air, the drugs already made my lungs and heart slow down so much so it made everything thing I did 100 times harder. I lifted my head one last time before Octaves left the room. I saw his back retreating.

The next day they dosed me with extra poison. I cried like a three year old. I couldn't control my body, I felt like I was looking at myself from the inside out. Nothing made sense.

Two shifter demons, who looked like identical bodyguards, cut my ropes and let me down. I fell on the concrete floor, unable to stand, I had been hanging from the ceiling for over two weeks. Something thick and coppery dripped into my mouth, I slowly reached my hand up to my lips,touching the blood that dripped down my face.

I tried to ask them for help, but I found that I couldn't speak.

Something came into the room with Octaves, it stood over top of me. There was a bright flash so I squeezed my eyes shut. Octaves fisted my hair roughly and yanked me to my feet. I yelped pathetically.

The thing beside Octaves touched my face. My brain struggled to comprehend what I was seeing.  It had turned into me. I-it  turned to Octaves.

"Kalsey, you will find Caine, learn his weakness. Figure out how he hides from me. Do not fail me!" He warned her. Then Octaves snapped his fingers and the other me disappeared.

Octaves grabbed me again, this time by the chin, "don't worry Lilianna," he spat, "soon this will all be over."

My head lulled to the side, the two men grabbed me and retied my wrists. Then they hooked me onto the ceiling.

"Please," I pleaded in a voice that sounded nothing like my own, "let me sleep." The tears mixture of tears and blood on my face blinded me.

Octaves didn't fail me though. The next moment his fist connected with my head and I slipped off into darkness.

~

"Caine, six warriors were killed on the grounds of the Royals..." Alec's voice was urgent but Caine couldn't think about anything other than Lila. It had been 16 days since Lila had been taken, they were in the midst of a fight at the Royals West grounds, when one of the higher ranked demons popped a portal and disappeared with Lila. Caine kept himself under a protection spell so that Octaves would have a hard time locating him, but it slipped his mind to mark Lila with the spell.

"I just talked to Ryan, he said that they drove most of the demons off, but they'll be back any time-"

"Caine!" A warrior called Emmet, hollered loudly from the cabin door, he was panting like he had just run a marathon. "We found her," he said again.

" Somebody found Lilianna!"

Caine jumped up from his seat and pushed his way through the tent to the entrance.