Chapter 8 part 2

Chapter 8 part 2 

"I hope you're staying in a room, alone."

Alec felt his eyes darken and tried to reign in his sharpening canines as he lazily raked his eyes down the woman in front of him.

She was looking up at him through heavy lashes and if she got any closer she would have been completely pressed against him, and Alec could have felt every curve of her body with his own. He bent down to tell her where to find his bedroom when she suddenly stopped and stared behind him at something.

Fucking hell.

His mind raced at the possibilities of the scene Caine and Lila would make.

Alec knew who it was before turning around, he could smell them.

He was relieved that they were just standing, looking extremely uncomfortable, at the top of the stairs and not making a commotion. He was tired of having to clean up after Caine's messes with the Royals.

Caine had a long list of felonies that he had acquired during his previous Royal meetings.

Caine and Lila stood at the top of the grand staircase. Alec swallowed hard at the sight of Lila and forced away thoughts of how lucky Caine got. Lila was one of the most beautiful persons Alec had ever seen.

He watched as Caine leaned down and said something to Lila, who in return tried to shove him away.

Alec winced and tried not to make eye contact with anyone.

Caine tucked her arm under his and Lila picked up her skirts. The whole room seemed to be looking at them as they descended.

Lila glanced at him and quickly detached herself from Caine, who eyed her warily before allowing her to leave his side.

Alec stepped away from the woman he was speaking with and made his way over to Lila. Caine shot him a warning look and Alec nodded back.

Watch Lila. Make sure she doesn't do anything stupid.

" You look stunning," he grinned at her.

She smiled and curtsied sarcastically, "and you my friend are looking very fine as well," she roamed her eyes up and down his body.

He chuckled and held out his hand.

She took it and laughed, Alec could tell it was empty and forced.

" You're upset," He pointed out to her.

She frowned and bit her bottom lip.

" Well, when you have Caine as a mate, you don't really have anything to be happy about," she said stiffly.

Ouch.

" You know, you could try being nicer to him," Alec suggested while leading her onto the dance floor. The plea could've been completely useless. Why did Caine deserve nice from her when he couldn't even bother with her wellbeing.

"I didn't know if you noticed but I now smell like him," she said with disgust. Alec was contemplating earlier asking either Caine or her for the info on why she reeked of his scent. Not that he couldn't of guessed, of course.

"Caine and I had a bit of a misunderstanding earlier this morning. But since opinions have no meaning to Caine, I really didn't have a say in the matter." She placed her hand on Alec's shoulder. Well tried to anyway, he was so much taller that her, she could only really grab his bicep.

She sighed, " I'm sure you would make the best mate ever. I wish you were mine," Lila said.

Alec tensed, " be careful in what you say Lila, he could hear you."

She looked into his face," Hear shmear, that asshole can get hit by a bus for all I care," she whined. But even as she said the words, Alec could see in her face that she didn't mean it.

That she was incredibly hurt by Caine.

Alec pulled Lila in closer to avoid the couple dancing next to them, "You need to help him to be a better person Lilianna. He's spent way too long without someone to care for."

" I wished he would give some sort of inclination that he want to make thing better with me," she said quietly and looked up at him, "He made it clear that I either hang for my treason or become a compliant little mate."