Chapter 24

UNEDITED

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

CHAPTER 24-SECOND DRAFT (r)

Josh watched as the big black wolf shifted and grabbed caught Lila as she fell. A pang of jealousy shot through him. The man was like a Greek God. Josh couldn't even tell how tall the guy was, maybe 6'9, 7 feet tall? He wouldn't want to get on his bad side, that was for sure...

His hiding spot had been found, and now Josh was pretty sure he was about to be killed. 100% he was dead. Which was no fucking fair because he hadn't even crossed into the BlackNight pack territory.

The two standing in front of him, sneered threateningly and crossed their arms overly muscular chests.

" Alright kid," the one on the left growled at him, " you can either run and hide and pretend you never saw that, or... we can take you with us and you can rot in our dungeons until you die ," he finished.

Great.

He coughed awkwardly and took a step back, motioning to Lila, " I'll leave and never come back," he started, " but you have to let her go so she can come with me..." he glared at both of them and held his ground.

He couldn't leave without her. Without her he would have to go back to his old pack.

They both laughed at him, " kid, you don't make the decisions around here," one pointed behind Josh, " he does."

Josh quickly spun around and came face to face with the alpha wolf. The alpha raised an eyebrow. He had never before been in the presence of so much raw alpha power.

Josh swallowed, " you can't take her. She's- she's my mate," he hoped that it would be at least somewhat believable, because even though Lila might not have smelled exactly  like him, she didn't smell exactly like her either.

Before he  could even inhale again, he was pinned by the throat to a tree. Alpha wolf was very angry at him, he realized. Maybe that was the wrong thing to say... He gasped and and tried to get his hands on the guy's throat.

Josh was going to die. The Alpha was a fucking giant who looked like he was on steroids, there was no way he was going to make it through this.

" I don't tolerate liars," Alpha sneered dangerously. Josh choked," no, no she is" he wheezed. The Alpha started to dig his claws into Josh's intestines. Josh screamed.

Caine grinned wickedly and watched the little shit struggle in front of him. Then when he thought the boy would finally die, he leaned in so only he could hear, " She's not your  fucking mate, pup," he sneered, " she's mine."

Thinking about that moment when Caine Collins had almost killed him, boiled Josh's blood. He still cringed every time he saw Octaves.

He swore that one of the reasons the demon decided to take the form of the Alpha Warrior wolf, was to set him on edge. Josh knew that Octaves wasn't actually Caine, but it still didn't feel right to have what looked like Lila's mate look and talk to him.

They were gathered in a large room, underground. He was the only werewolf there, and the demons kept giving him dirty look.

He glared back, the hatred was mutual.

" -and then finally I can kill that sick psycho Caine, and we can start on the EastMountain pack," Octaves spat at the legion of demons that were standing before him.

" Those lowly scums won't know what hit them," he yelled. Josh and the other demons cheered loudly, they would do anything for Octaves. Or they would become his next snack. Josh was not going to be eaten by the overly excited Greater Demon.