Chapter 21

UNEDITED

CHAPTER 21(r)

There was a knock on Marlee's door.

She swallowed and blinked, nervous to answer it . She wondered if she just ignored it if he would go away.

Of course he wouldn't go away.

She pushed her covers back and climbed out of bed, throwing a sweatshirt of just in case it was not who she was expecting.

Before she could reach the handle the door swung open, revealing an extremely disgruntled looking Ryan. He quickly entered and his gaze immediately sought out hers. He shut the door behind him.

"Marlee..." He said quietly and grabbed her hands in his, pulling her closer to him.

Her heart thudded nervously and she could feel her hands go clammy.

" I- I don't know what to say... I can't feel the same way you do," she told him, her voice cracking. Whatever Ryan felt because of the werewolf mate bond, she couldn't feel anywhere close to what it was. All she knew was that she was in love with him.

He grunted and looked away briefly, she caught the pain that flashed in his eyes at her words.

Because she was human she couldn't love him like a mate.

Ryan hated himself for what he was going to do to her, but he couldn't help it. He needed her to want him as much as he wanted her. He was sure he would die without her.

The urge to be near her an protect her was uncontrollably overwhelming, he had no idea how Caine avoided it with Lila.

Ryan could barely function in a day without thinking about Marlee. When Alec had barged into her room and stared at her body greedily, he lost it. Any thought of him ignoring the bond to protect her had disappeared. He knew that if he didn't claim her as his, one of the other warriors would have. Hell he was sure multiple of the others would have, maybe even at the same time. This was not alright with him. Rightfully, she belonged to him.

Ryan stared at her face, full longing and fear.

He pulled her small body close to his and cupped her face, lowering his lips onto hers gently. Her body relaxed against his and her soft lips began to work in sync with his, she let out a soft moan.

Ryan pulled away and se gazed at him with wide eyes. He leaned down towards her mouth and whispered to her, "I'm sorry."

Marlee's eyes flung open in a panic and he had to tighten his grip on her as she tried to pull back.

"Ryan!" She squeaked.

Then he tilted her head to the side, pulled back her sweater, and sunk his teeth into her neck.

~
"I told you it would work."

Alec snorted and replied without looking at Caine.

"What."

"I know where she is," Caine growled, taking a swig of his drink and stumbling over to the garage door.

Alec shook his head as he watched Caine struggle to find a key that matched the vehicle he was trying to get into. Ever since Lila had left, Caine had been drinking bottle after bottle of liquor, drowning himself from the reality  of the complete and utter mess he had made for him and the pack.

Alec hated when Caine was drunk solely because he because a half- wit, useless , staggering mess. Even if he was much happier to talk to.

Caine also hadn't been showering much either. His usually shaved facial hair had grown into a thick scruff, and his hair had grown out enough that it curled. A look that Alec hadn't seen him year since they were young.