Chapter 18

All rights reserved

UNEDITED

CHAPTER 18 (r)

I was indeed ready to kill Caine.

If he didn't kill me first. When I shot him with the gun he was knocked back but it didn't look like there was any bodily harm. A shame really.

He got up and started stalking towards me. A murderous look covered his face. He stood a few feet away from me. I opened my mouth to tell him off.

" Enough," he growled lowly, Alpha power laced through his voice. His eyes were black pits. His wolf was taking control. Unwillingly I shuffled towards him, my own wolf clouding my mind  and following his. His Alpha authority making me unable to ignore or defy him.

"Don't do that.." I stuttered as the primal submission of my wolf pushed to the forefront of my mind.

It occurred to me that Caine had never inflicted his Alpha command on anyone that I had seen. Even myself. If he continue, he would force my wolf to shift and she would submit.

"Don't! Offer me a fair fight, Caine. I'll fight. I challenge-" my wolf stopped me from finishing the sentence.

I couldn't move feet. I could feel as my pupils dilated and my vision glazed over. My head buzzed from the detection of smells and sounds that my heightened senses could pick up as a wolf.

" You will start to show some respect, Pup. You have been a very bad mate," he snarled at me through sharpened teeth.

Rage burned within me, as if telling me I'd been a bad mate to him of all people would ever make me feel bad.

But I bowed my head, trying to fight the words that he demanded come and the whimpering noise I was making.

"I-I n-" I stuttered.

Caine, with inhuman speed, forced me to the ground in front of him.

In a similar submission that one wolf would show to the dominant wolf.

Except as a human, it hurt a lot more to be pressed into the ground, neck exposed and limbs limp.

And 100 times more degrading.

I tried to curl my legs up into a fetal position, but Cain was kneeling overtop of me, one leg on either side, one hand gripped my wrists to the ground, the other was pressed against the base of my skull and jaw. Trapped in a cage.

Tears clouded my vision and I tried to look up at him. Let him know that he couldn't force me to submit. I hated the way he hade me feel so small and helpless... and useless.

Caine added more pressure and growled in warning.

"You know this had to happen, little mate. You are a part of my pack. No one in my pack disrespects me," he spat.

" Yes Alpha," I responded as the tears dripped down my face, " p-please forgive me. I w-won't ever d-do it a-again," I sobbed. My wolf was howling inside of me. This was it, he commanded me to submit to the Alpha wolf and I did. Enough with the punishment.

For a moment I looked up and met the eyes of Alec, who looked away quickly. His face blank except for the quick flash of pain that showed before disappearing without a second look.

I finally tried to turn my head. Caine released some of the pressure but continued to grip my jaw.

Caine ran his tongue over the sharp edges of his canines before leaning down so his face was an inch away from mine.