Home?

Chapter 26

Clary's P.O.

Liam and I got back to the camp, Derek being the first one to notice us.

"Liam, where were you?" Derek shouted as he rushed to us.

"Pan did give him a job. Be a meal for the mermaids." I spoke and Derek's eyes dilated. "It was a test. I think. For me, not Liam." I added and Derke looked at me with confusion written all over his face. "Pan probably wanted to see if I can save Liam from a mermaid and I did. Is Pan here?" I asked and Derkek looked at Liam and then back at me.

"No, he is not." He replied and put an arm over Liam's shoulder, making sure his friend was alright. " I think you guys need some distraction from this horrifying event. We are going to play some games, you should join us." Derek said and I shook my head.

"No, sorry, I need to go," I said and Derek nodded. I went to take a bath, and in the process calm myself. When I got back to the camp  Pan was not back yet. Of course, I had to go and find his ass. I walked through the jungle calling his name.

"Pan!" I screamed and nothing. "Peter Pan!!" I screamed again and I heard a laugh behind me.

"Yes, my dear?" I rolled my eyes and turned to face Pan. But it wasn't Pan. It was Hook.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked in annoyance, and he came closer to me.

"I came to see you." I chortled at that. 

"You came to see me?" I asked while laughing. Hook just gave me a raised brow. 

"What is so funny about that?" He asked and I stopped laughing.

"Nothing, really nothing. But I'm sure that you are here for some other reason. So stop playing games, pirate, and tell me why are you really here?" I asked and he snickered.

"You are really smart, no wonder why Pan wants you so bad. And the mermaids are right, you are really beautiful." He said as he checked me out. He talks with the mermaids, of course. 

"Stop with this bullshit, and tell me the reason," I said sternly.

"You know, Pan is hiding a magic bean in his tent, can you maybe, find it and bring it to me, so I can leave this bloody island. And I can bring you back home."my heart dropped. Home. I didn't think about home for a long time. My mom, dad, and brother. Then I remembered the Guilty meadow. But Pan told me that what they were saying that it wasn't real. And I believed him. But what if it was a lie? Home? I'm home. Neverland. This is where I belong. Where I'm free.

"Why do you need a magic bean?" I asked and he came closer to me. I saw a movement in the bushes. Maybe some animal? Or even someone?

"It doesn't matter. So deal?" I looked back at Hook and smiled at him.

"No," I replied as I turned around. I heard him growl.

"You know he is just playing with you." I stopped and turned around.

"What are you talking about?" I asked and he grinned.

"Every girl who was here, he sent them back, and he forgot about them. The same will happen to you too." My heart cried. Truth or not, just the thought of it hurt. But I believed Hook was talking nonsense just to get me to agree to get him the bean. 

"Pan doesn't know with who he is playing his games," I told and Hook sighed.

"Don't say I didn't warn you." I just shrugged it off and walked deeper in the jungle. When I was sure that I was far from Hook I called him.

"Peter I know you listened come out now," I said sitting on the rock. He stepped out from the dark and sneered.

"He offered you to go home, why didn't you take the deal?" He asked crossing his arms and leaning on a tree.

"Because I'm home," I declared. I saw something flash in his eyes. "I broke another rule, so will I have a punishment Mr. Ass" He rolled his eyes at me.

"You can't be tamed, and I know you will keep breaking the rules," He said.

"And what about that fight we had, and you won? You said that I needed to be a good girl. And I'm not. So, I'm still not going to be punished?" I asked getting up, and he followed my every movement. 

"No, I know you can't be a good girl. And honestly, I like you more when you are misbehaving." He said moving from the tree.

"You know that if I didn't save Liam that he could be dead right now," I spoke crosing my arms and he smirked.

"Yes, but you saved him, so you passed your third test. Well done." Pan said simply, making me throw a sarcastic smile on my face.  

"And who am I playing games with exactly Clary?" He asked raising his eyebrow. I knew he was thinking about my comment to Hook. I came close to him, a smile on my lips. 

"You have no idea," I whispered against his lips. I put my hand on his shoulder and I felt him tense up. I made a circle on his shoulder with my thumb, pressing my body to his. I could hear his breathing, and feel his body heat rising. "You will see Peter," I whispered softly in his ear. I looked into his eyes. His green beautiful eyes. In them was now lust. I looked at his lips and then back to his eyes. I started to lean in, and so did he. I won't lie, I was surprised that he leaned in.  I wanted to kiss him. I wanted more than just a kiss. But If I already wanted to play games, I had to play this one right. Our lips were just a few inches away, and I did something that I really didn't want to do. I moved away. I beamed at him and messed his hair with my hand.

"Se you in the camp," I said and winked at him. He growled and I laughed in return as I rushed back to the camp. My heart beat like cray, my desire cursing my existence. 

He was not the only one that loves to play games.