Mermaid Lagoone

Chapter 12

Trying to shake off the unknown feeling rising in me, I looked at the ocean. My eyes fell at the famous skull rock, looking like a real human skull, just of course, way bigger. 

"Pan, what is that?" I asked pointing to the skull.

"Oh, that's the skull rock. Don't ever step a foot on it. Never." He said in his serious voice. What could Pan be hiding over there I  wondered. 

"And that lagoon, can we go there?" I asked like a child.

"That's the mermaid lagoon. And if you want to live, don't go there without me. And yeah, we can go there. It's safe for you as long as I'm there." I smiled and clapped my hands in delight. 

"Lead the way, Peter Pan!" I said with a chuckle, on what Pan just rolled his eyes. Of course, we had a long walk to go to the lagoon, so silence was between us, once again. After a long time, Pan broke the silence.

"So, how do you like it here?" He asked without looking at me.

" It's not how I imagined Neverland," I answered. He finally looked over his shoulder at me.

"So, you do believe in Neverland? Or at least you did?" He questioned.

"I always believed in Neverland, but how the time passed, I was losing hope, and started to wonder if it's real. Because adults are saying that Neverland and Peter Pan are just a fairytale." I smiled sadly. " And some scientists are saying that Neverland is a state of mind. When you told me that I'm in Neverland, I was in shock.  After all those dreams about Neverland, I'm finally here. I thought I have finally gone Insane. "I chuckled looking at him, that has a small smile on his lips," I'll grow to like it." I joked and Pan scoffed at that as he turned his head back to look at the road. Suddenly there was a fallen tree. Pan jumped on it and looked at me.

"Do you need help?" He asked.

"Nope," I replied and jumped on the tree after him. He started to walk on the tree, and I followed him. It was slippery and hard to establish balance. Then Pan stopped. I looked at him in confusion, when he jumped down. I almost let a scream out As I looked down I saw that Pan landed on another tree under the first one. Wait this is a bridge?! I mean this tree is like a bridge. Oh, holly pudding. Under both those fallen trees was a river, a fast river. 

"Come on, jump!" Peter spoke and I swallowed a lump in my throat. "Don't be afraid, just jump." He said with a comforting smile. I took a deep breath. And then jumped with a small scream leaving my lips. When I finally felt my feet touch something under me, I opened my eyes, that I didn't even know I closed. I saw Pan in front of me, and his both hands on my shoulders. "See, it was not so hard." He said with a chuckle while letting me go and turning around to finally get on the solid ground. I followed him, but I lost my balance and I slipped. I screamed and then Pan caught my arm. He started pulling me over, but then he slipped a little bit, and I screamed again. Sorry, couldn't help myself. "Calm down Clary! I will not let you fall !" Pan screamed in annoyance and pulled me up. Suddenly Our chests were touching, one of his hands on my lower back while the other one was holding my wrist that lied on his chest, and my other hand gripping his shoulder hard. I didn't dare to look him in the eyes, so I kept my eyes at his chest, not even daring to move. "I would never let you fall down." He said and I felt his thumb making circled on my wrist. I cleared my throat and finally looked at him, and that's when I realized how close we were. Too close. 

"Thanks." I finally said while taking my hand off of his shoulder, and that was his sign to let me go as well.  However, he didn't let my wrist go. Instead, his fingers collided with mine.

"Come on, we are almost there." He spoke pulling me with him. My eyes kept staring at our hands, trying to understand what he was trying to do.When we came to the lagoon he squeezed my hand as a sign to look up at him. 

"Don't go near the water. Okay?" He warned and I replied with a nod. Finally, he let my hand go and crossed his arms over his chest, not looking at me. I walked around the lagoon. It was wonderful. Full of different plants, a lot of rocks, the water had a green-blue color. (picture up there) Then I saw a mermaid.A Mermaid. She had black hair, long orange tail. She was in one word; beautiful.

"Hey, come here," She called me. I started to walk towards her but then I remembered that Pan said not to go near the water. And when do I listen to him? Never. I kneeled in front of her. "Do you want to see the world under the water?" She smiled at me and I nodded. She took my hand gently and she slowly started to dive back into the water, pulling my hand with her. I felt like I was under a spell. Just when my elbow touched the water someone grabbed my waist and hit the mermaid with his foot. I looked up to see angry Peter.

"I told you not to go near the water! She wanted to drown you!" He hissed at me and let go of my waist. I turned to face him, his eyes were full of rage.

"I-I didn't know that she wanted to drown me. But mermaids -

"They are bad creatures. Don't ever do that again." He stated his voice stern and cold. He sighed in distress before speaking up again. "We should go back," I nodded in agreement and he started to walk back to the bridge. I followed him. On the whole way back to the camp we haven't spoken work. But he kept turning around to check on me. The night already came when we entered the camp to see the boys playing around.