Peter Pan never fails

Chapter 14

"Well good morning," I said and Felix smiled greeting me back. His hood was on his head as usual. "So where do we find berries," I asked and he took two baskets handing me one.

"Follow me." He told and I followed him into the jungle. We found the berries quickly and started to pluck.
"I didn't hear you scream tonight. I guess you didn't have a nightmare," he said and I looked at him. Well, it was a nightmare, some kind of. Or not?

"I was screaming when I had a nightmare?" I asked and he nodded.

"It's fine, we all here used to have nightmares. Sometimes they come back." He shrugged.

"Even Pan had nightmares?" I questioned and he looked at me as he stopped plucking the barries.

"Well, I guess. He told us how to get rid of them, so yeah even Pan. He was the first lost boy. It was hard for him I assume. No one told him about nightmares, Dreamshade or mermaids. When I ask him about that or his past he just leaves or sends me to do something" he sighed. I believed that Pan was cautious about sharing information about himself. So that made me even more curious about that boy. "Pan maybe is harsh, and scary but he saved all of us. Well, he saved me. And I owe him. And that's the reason why I'm so loyal to him. He is my best friend and my boss. Pan is the reason why we are all here alive. If he says one thing, there is no other thing. His word is the last. " He said and I raised my eyebrow in disbelief. 

"He is like a king here?" I claimed and Felix smirked.

"Ask him." I rolled my eyes. When I thought a little bit, it's true. Pan is the very first boy. He knows everything about this place, but maybe someone was here before him. How can it be possible that he knows where we are and what are we doing? It's like he is connected with this island. About the king thing, he maybe is here the leader, but not my boss. And I hate when someone is trying to control me. And I probably always will. But the thing is, Pan is so sure and confident in what he is doing or saying. He knows a lot of things, and he can read people quickly. It's scary but impressive. He is always ready for everything. He is a leader. Jerk, hot and definitely dangerous. I looked at Felix and quickly observed him. Felix is a handsome guy. In his blonde hair, he had some feathers. It looked cool though. His brown eyes had some tired look, I guess he didn't sleep. And then his scar.

"Felix, how did you get that scar?" I asked and he looked away clicking his tongue.

"I don't like talking about it." He answered. "I think we have enough berries." He said as he started to walk back to the camp. I guess I asked a personal question.
We came back to the camp and ate our breakfast. When I was finished I went to Pan's tent. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked like a witch. My face was pale, my eyes red. I was tired and I felt sick. Well, I'm not surprised. I'm in a jungle, eating just eggs, some meat and drinking water. No vegetables or anything. And I'm in a jungle, sleeping in a tent,  and I'm wearing not so warm clothes. So yeah, of course, I'm feeling sick. I lied on the bed and my thoughts flew around.  I'm in Neverland, far from my home. I'm with the lost boys and Peter Pan.  I don't know what are my parents thinking, or my little brother. I'm sure they are getting mad, and that my mom is crying. But didn't want them to be sad. I wanted to tell them at least that I'm fine.

"Clary, training time" I heard Pan outside the tent. I didn't want to go, but I know that Pan will say that I have to. So I got out, to see him leaning on a tree. "Well it was about time, come on now." He told and went into the jungle, me following him. We were practising and practising. I didn't have any energy, and I was not feeling like fighting so I was extraordinarily bad.
"You are not concentrated," Pan hissed and hit my sword.

"Because I feel tired," I said and swung my sword at him.

"Too bad for you" he replied and blocked my sword. I attacked him and he blocked it again, he pushed me on the grass and he was on top of me. His sword by my neck. That's when my energy came back. I hate when I lose, so I'm not going to let Pan win. I punched him in the ribs and he fell on the grass me on top of him. My sword on his neck.

"You are losing Pan" I smiled proudly and his eyes darkened. Pan pushed me off of him in one blow and we had our sword fight once again. He was so fast, that I barely saw where the sword was coming from. Suddenly I felt pain on my neck. I felt cold metal on my skin, cutting my skin. I put a hand on my neck, touching the spot and seeing blood on my fingers.  Pan pushed me against a tree and my sword fell on the floor.
"Why the hell did you cut me!" I shrieked at him, looking at my hand covered with blood.

"So you have a little scar from me, and so that you know that I can't lose."He said pressing his sword on my neck harder and his body closer to me. My cut was burning like hell.

"Oh really? And why is that?" I requested annoyed and he grinned.

"Because." He said letting me go and taking my sword in his other hand, throwing it in the air and catching it with ease.  He had that big evil grin on his face, his eyes dark, and his body turned to me. You could see his muscles flexing when he caught the sword. His breathing was so calm like he didn't do any hard work. He was enjoying this, he was enjoying playing games and frightening people. "I never fail," Pan said with his voice strong and his grin still on his face. Pan came closer to me, both swords in his hands. His face was only a few inches from mine, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Peter Pan never fails."