The game

Chapter 4

We landed in the camp. The camp was big, there were tents, weapon baskets, a long desk with food. It was actually nice. Pan let me go and I cleared my throat as I looked away from him while fixing my hair. After that, I dared to look at him again.

"Can I get answers now?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Yes," he answered calmly and sat on a stump while I stood in front of him.

"How did I get here?"

"My shadow brought you here," he said and yawned. I blinked a few times while thinking about the actual possibility of that.  I clicked my tongue before continuing with my questions. 

"Your shadow? How...How is that possible?" he rolled his eyes.

"Next question?" I glared at him. 

"Who are these guys?" I asked pointing to the group of boys behind Pan. Even though I knew the answer, but just to be sure.

" They are the Lost Boys." I nodded and smiled at the guy. The narrowed his eyes in confusion. 

"How can I go back home?" he stayed silent for few second before bursting into laughter. Why is he laughing? There is nothing to laugh about. 

"You can't go back," he said still laughing. 

" Why not?" I questioned confused. He got up and stood in front of me. My blood turning cold. He just gave me the creeps. 

"Because you are a lost girl now." He said checking me out again, what made me raise my eyebrow at him. "And you, are mine" A gasp fell from my lips as my hand pressed against my chest in shock.  

"I'm not yours get that inside your head! There is no way I'm staying here with you or with those boys. " I said showing with my finger on him. 

"Love, you have nowhere to go." he declared chuckling.

" I will rather keep running away from you than staying here!" I said and regret it.  Pan raised his eyebrow in amusement, and his eyes had a playful flash.

"Boys!" he shouted and all boys gathered around us. "We are going to play a game. A really fun game. Clary will run from us. And we are going to hunt her. " My eyes shot arrows at him." So don't be afraid if you hurt her, but try not to kill her. Not yet," he smirked and my eyes widen. Is this guy serious? Peter Pan should be nice and kind. And this guy wants to hunt me." If we find her in four hours she will become a Lost Girl, but if we don't find her, she can go home." he looked at me. How much I wanted to punch him into that handsome face. "What do you say, Clary? Will you play?" I took a deep breath before answering.

" You don't have to ask twice" he smirked in satisfaction. With a few steps, he stood next to him. Shoulder to shoulder. I kept my gaze on him, feeling the heat of adrenaline already going over my body. Pan leaned closer to me, making a breath hitch in my throat. 

"Run" he whispered as he moved his face away. We kept looking at each other for some time before I ran off. His eyes looking so warm and mesmerizing. He had completely strange energy, that made me wonder about him. What is Peter Pan actually like? However, I still feard him. As his eyes looked warm, they also gave me chills. He was an interesting young man. Finally breaking the eye contact I ran. 

"Let's play!" I heard Pan and ran faster and deeper into the jungle. The branches and leaves hitting my face, the cuts burning. The jungle seemed to get thicker and thicker, darker and darker. I don't know how long I was running but I knew that I need to sit down. I finally came to some lake. I looked around to make sure no one was around. After making sure it was clear I sat next to the lake and washed my face. I closed my eyes, calming my body down. Suddenly, I heard male voices in the distance, making me groan in annoyance. I stood up and ran again. I quickly looked around, finding a good tree to climb. Just when I sat on the branch, the boys got under the tree.

"Pan is going to kill us if we don't find her" I hear one of them say.

"we will find her, don't worry, If not we, then Pan will." other boy replied with a laugh.

They passed me by and I let a breath of relief. God this is exhausting. I got down again and started to walk in the opposite direction that they went. My body was aching. I can't remember the last time I did so much running.  I stopped once again to take a break, putting my hands on my knees as I breathed deeply.

" You know, if you keep moving all the time it will be easier to find you." someone said and I tensed up. I looked up, to see Pan leaning on a tree. "it's been three hours." He said walking towards me. I stood up and walked backwards. "So Clary, I found you, and that means, you will be a Lost Girl," Pan spoke with a smirk. My first instinct was to, of course, run again. Just when I turned around to run away, I  crashed into something or someone. I looked up massaging my head to meet green eyes. I jumped in shock as I looked again behind me. 

"How- you... hOW DId?" I keep turning around with a confused face. Pan just shook his head as he grabbed my wrist, pulling me closer to him.

"You can't run away from me, love." He stated with a sneer and started pulling me back to the camp.