Drive me crazy

Chapter 27

Clary's P.O.V

When I got back to the camp I saw the boys playing and messing around like everyday. I decided to go to the training zone. It was not large, but it was enough. We had the whole jungle if we wanted to use that as a training zone. I looked at the weapons. Swords, daggers, crossbows, bows. I liked the bow.  I always had a love for it. 
I took the bow and arrows. I stepped in front of the target and raised the bow up. I concentrated and directed the arrow at the target. I released the arrow. The arrow completely missed the tree.
I tried again, and again. I tried so many times, but the arrow didn't even fly where I wanted it to.

"UGH!"I roared and threw the bow at the floor like a little kid having a tantrum.

"Need some help?" I heard the famous accent of his behind me. I took a deep breath and leaned forward to pick up the bow.

"No." I replied standing up.

"I think you do." He chuckled as I turned around to look at him. He was leaning on a tree, his hair a fluffy cloud on the top of his head. His face seemed more relaxed than usual. He looked coolheaded I dare say it.

"How long were you standing there?" I asked pointing at him with an arrow. 

"Long enough to see that you have no idea how to use a bow." He clicked his tongue in satisfaction. I just gave him a glare before turning around to focus on the target. 

I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths to calm down. One, two, three... I felt a presence behind me.  A body pressing against my back, breathing rhythmically with me. His scent of sea and wood flowed over me. My body started tensing up, my breathing speeding up, I forgot what I was doing. I guess he sensed it because a chuckle escape his throat. He placed his hands on my shoulders. 

"Relax Clary." He whispered against my ear, making me almost jump. "Breathe. Feel me breathing with you." He pressed his body closer. I swallowed as I felt every bit of his body against me. My thoughts weren't pure, and I knew that his weren't either.  I shook my head slightly, brushing my neck against his chin. I focused on my breathing, following his.

"Good girl. Raise the bow ." He said and I obeyed. He realigned my arms carefully. "First make sure the arrow is in place." I nodded. "Then you pull the string, but not fierce. Treat it nicely." I rolled my eyes and pulled the string, his hand guiding mine. "And now relax." he purred against my neck.  Asshole. Asshole knew what he was doing. And then a light brush of his lips on my skin. I had two options- turn around and let my not-so-pure thoughts take over, or turn around and punch him in the face. 

"Relax Clary," He chuckled. I took a deep breath and relaxed my body against his. He was so warm. I shut my eyes and felt how Peter was letting go of my arms. When he let go of me, when I didn't feel his warm body behind me, I felt cold. Alone.

"Now open your eyes and release the arrow." He said softly. I opened my eyes and released the arrow. It was like an instinct. It felt weird but good weird. The arrow landed in a tree above the target. But for me, that was a great start. I let a small giggle out as I turned around to look at Pan. 

"Not bad." He commented with a sly smile. 

"Thank you," I jokingly bowed to him, and in the process grabbed another arrow. I spend the next few hours practising. Pan was keeping me company, even though I really wished that he didn't. He was just a pain in the ass.  He would be helpful here and there, but the majority of the time he would just make fun of me. I tried to hit the target at least once. Didn't matter if it was the centre or just at the edge of the target. 

"Relax, you don't relax your shoulder enough." I heard Peter saying. He was sitting on the floor beside me with crossed legs and arms. 

"Think about something that will relax you." He said. I didn't know what to think. My eyes fell down on him. A smile painted on his lips, making me just scoff at him. I thought about being in his embrace again. Just for a mere second. To feel safe and cared for.  I raised my bow up, made sure that the arrow is in place, pulled the string, and took a deep breath. I let the arrow go and the arrow landed in the centre of the target. It took me a few seconds to understand what happened.