Am I falling for the demon?

Chapter 24

Pan ran out in the rain without a coat or anything. I followed him while grabbing my coat. It wasn't raining as it was in the morning, but the wind was cold against my face.  Pan jumped on a rock and with a smile shouted. "BOYS!" The boys, without a beat later, rushed out of their tents. 

"We are going to play a game." Pan said, "Fight in the dirt. The game is really easy. Who wins decides what punishment the loser gets. It can be anything." He grinned. That grin would make anyone fear him. He was a child, but I believe that every adult would fear his presence. Sometimes I wondered if his games were just a facade for his thirst for more, cruel thoughts.  F

"Now who wants to fight first?"Pan asked and looked around. The boys cheered and seemed eager to play the game. First went Benny and Thomas. I was watching the boys fight and I wanted to fight too. Because fighting is my thing. I trained in boxing, so yeah I miss it. To be in the ring and fight. I was watching every move of every boy carefully. Every boy had a different style and different defence. The punishments that losers got were stupid, cruel and crazy. 3 rounds passed and Pan was looking for someone to fight again. His eyes landed on me, and I knew what was coming next.

"Clary." He said I stepped out. No fear, just excitement in my veins. 

"And....Liam." My eyes widened. I couldn't fight Liam. He was my friend. He stepped out looking at the floor, and then at me.

"I can't fight you," I whispered to him in a low voice.

"I can't fight you either," he replied.

"I know you two are friends, but at this moment, it doesn't matter," Pan said and Liam and I took a deep breath before shaking hands. "FIGHT!" He said and the fight began.

Liam attacked me and I stopped his fist and kicked him with my knee in the stomach. Then he punched me in the ribs, my throat letting a growl out. I forgot how much it actually hurt getting a punch. I quickly fixed my position and lunged for another attack. Liam blocked it, but then I used my left leg and punched him in the knee making him fall down. Liam grabbed my leg and pulled me down with him. The dirt was not making the fight easy. Both of us were covered in it, our feet slipping, our punches and timing slow.  He punched me in the face, making me fall down flat in the dirt. I groaned in pain and looked at him, an apologetic smile on his lips. I just shook it off and lunged.  The fight lasted, until he got on top of me, holding my hands above my head. Just when Pan wanted to say who the winner was, I used my hips and legs to roll us over and pressed my elbow against his throat. Liam tried fighting me off, but I kept pushing my elbow and kept my knees tight around him. I mumbled a quick sorry to him, but he just smiled in response.

"And the winner is Clary" Pan shouted and the boys cheered. I let go of Liam and helped him get to his feet. 

"So what does the loser get?" Pan asked walking towards us. I looked over at Liam. 

"3 days in the cage," I said and all boys growled in disappointment. Liam mumbled a thank you.

"Just the cage?!" Pan asked crossing his arms.

"Just the cage, Pan," I replied as I pushed him out of my way and walked to his tent.  I was covered in dirt from my head to my toe. How in the world am I going to get this dirt out of my hair? I growled and heard someone laugh. I turned around to see no one else than Pan.  His hair was all glued to his forehead, and his shirt was stuck to his body like glue. I blinked a few times and looked at his face, hoping my cheeks were not betraying me. I could see his abs. I looked at his face and he had that smug grin o his handsome face. 

"I see you aren't pleased. Can I know why?" He asked and I looked back to the mirror.

"I'm covered in dirt, I have no clean clothes, and I have no idea how to get the dirt out of my hair," I said slowly, trying so hard not to turn around and look at that boy. But lucky me, he came behind me, and I could see him in the mirror.