The cage

Chapter 33

Every memory of my life back in Toronto with my family and friends rushed back in a second. My heart started to pound, everything was happening so fast. I tried to tell my body to move, but nothing. It felt as if my mind was the only thing still functioning.  
I closed my eyes and waited to feel the pain. To welcome death with open hands. But I didn't. I opened my eyes to see Peter in front of me holding the dagger in his hand. His eyes were dark as night, face a cold facade. His eyes found mine, an then back to the dagger. 

"Well, well, well I didn't know that there was a game going on." He spoke and chuckled. "Whose dagger is this?" He asked still holding the dagger. The boys tensed up, and I could see Brent squirming like a worm, and moving closer to the trees, trying to hide. Little bitch he was. "Tik- tok boys!" Pan told putting the dagger down. And then, like a flash, he trowed the dagger at Brent. The dagger landed just above Brent's head, it was deeply stuck in the tree. 

"Mine. Mine." Brent breathed out and stepped forward. 

"Brent. Why am I not surprised." Pan said crossing his arms." I want to know what happened." He added and glanced at me.  "And I want to know the truth."

"He cut my ear, and then I hit his shoulder, and then he threw the dagger at me and then you arrived," I summed everything up. Sad was silent for a second and then a sad smile on his face appeared.  

" Oh, I'm so sad that I missed your little game." He said as he started circling me. Not a good sign. I felt like a mouse in a trap. "So, we will play a new game ." He said and I gulped. 
"Who hits the bullseyes, three times, of you two," Pan said pointing at me and Brent.
"Decides what the loser gets. Now let's play." He said. Brent didn't move, I didn't move. 
"Now!" Pan roared and we instantly rushed to get the arrows. First arrows, both hit the bullseye. Second ones as well.  I kept telling myself to relax, and not miss this at any cost.

"Now!" I hear Pan and let the arrow go. Brent hit the bullseyes, while mine was a few centimetres away. I cursed under my breath and threw my bow on the ground.

"Brent, what does our loser get." I heard Pan.

"2 weeks in the cage." Brent said, making me turn around to face both of them. I tried to beg both of them for something else, two weeks were insane. 

"Felix, throw her in the cage," Pan ordered turning around.

"Wait!" I screamed and Peter turned around.

" Brent, the deal we had when we were fighting with daggers. You lost. You didn't sleep in the cage and you didn't tell me your fears. So I think you need to have a night in a cage as well." I said smiling innocently. Pan nodded, and a satisfied smile was on his face.

"She is right. The cage Brent, but let it be 3 days. Now Felix, throw them into the cages." He said and Felix grabbed both of us. He pushed Brent into his cage harshly, making the boy hit his head. I heard Brent mumble a few curse words as Felix locked his cage. 
Felix and I walked to my cage, and he opened the door for me. 

"Go inside" He whispered. I crawled in and Felix locked the cage.

"If you want I can bring you some pillow or-

"No thanks, it's okay," I said, but I lied. A pillow would be nice. It was a cage made of bamboo, it wasn't very comfortable. He nodded and then suddenly, I felt the cage swing and lift into the air making me let a scream out.
I heard Felix laughing beneath me. 

"Pan's order." He shouted and then, he was gone. 

*After 3 days*

Brent was out of his cage, and he told me his fears. He was of being left alone, and getting hurt. Ironic. But, after three days swinging in the air I figured that he wasn't all that bad. Still a dick, but... Felix always brought me food and water, and he stayed sometimes to talk with me. But Pan didn't come to see how I was doing. Maybe Brent was right after all. He didn't care.
 Sometimes he was nice and sometimes he was harsh and dangerous, I couldn't understand him even if I wanted too.  But would he ever like someone like me? Can he love?

*fifth day*

I was bored. And I didn't know what to do. And then I heard a British accent. Gosh how much I missed that accent. I smiled when I heard his voice, but removed it quickly. He didn't deserve to see me so happy for just hearing his voice.

"Are you comfortable up there?" Pan shouted and I moved to the door, looking down at him.

"Yeah, you have no idea. " I joked and he laughed.

"Bored aren't we?" He asked and I glared at him. He smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he walked away. Just when I started talking to myself about him coming and wasting his time to only say a few words, my cage started falling down. It hit the ground and made me hurt my back.  Looking through the door I saw Pan. 

"You know you can be a little bit gentle, I'm in a cage made of bamboo," I said massaging my lower back as opened the cage to give me food. While eating he kept looking at me with closed eyes. 

"What?" I asked and he just shook his head.

"Nothing. Hope you will survive these 9 days." He smiled making me roll my eyes. 

"How is the situation back at the camp?" I asked giving him my plate and taking the glass with water from his hand.

"As usual. But we have some.... issues with mermaids.." He answered looking away.

"Because of Lala?" I asked, but I already knew the answer. He nodded before speaking. 

"I will just ignore them, they know that I'm too powerful for them." He said smiling cheekily. I let a chuckle out as I agreed. But that made me think about his power. I never really gave it too much thought. 

"Pan, how did you get your magic?"I asked and he arched a brow at me.

"You are full of questions, aren't you love?" He asked as I returned now the empty glass of water.

"Yep," I said. "Bathroom," I said and he nodded turning around.