Is it all just a lie?

Chapter 23

Clary's P.O.V.

I was observing Peter while he slept. He was looking so peaceful. He was a weird person to me. A person that saved me in one way, but then hurt me in another. Like I can't be saved without pain.  I still don't know what happened when I picked that pink flower. I just know that I was crying and that I wanted to die. But thanks to Pan I'm okay, I'm alive. I remember how he hugged me. His strong arms around my waist and my arms around his neck. His soft voice while he was comforting me. I felt my cheeks heating up so I placed my hands over my face, hiding it from the world. I still didn't figure out why he would be nice to me at one moment, and then mean the next. Maybe last night, we were more close and playful but I know he will be the old Peter Pan as soon as he wakes up. Cold, angry, smug bloody devil. And he doesn't believe in love. I really want to know why. I want to know his story. His battle scars. I closed my eyes and fell asleep again.

--------------

Thunder and rain made me jump. Pan was not in the tent. I was feeling cold. I got up and looked over Pan's tent to find something that I could wear so I can go out in the rain. Then I saw a coat on Pan's bed. I put it on and put the hood over my head. Then I went out in the cold rain. All boys were running and picking stuff- weapons, food, water buckets, clothes. Everyone was rushing and yelling. 

"Clary!" I heard Liam calling my name somewhere in the rain. After looking around I finally spotted him and rushed to meet him.

"Come, help me with the weapons."He said and I nodded. We ran to the training place. We put all our weapons in one big basket and we carried it to the camp. We left it in Pan's tent. Liam took a deep breath and looked over Pan's tent.

"Where is Pan?" I asked and he looked at me.

"I saw him before the rain, he was covered in sweat. He looked so angry and... lost. I have no idea where he is. But maybe his thinking tree" He said and I was worried. Maybe he had a nightmare? Sweat? Angry? Possible.

"Felix. Where is Felix?" I asked as he went out in the rain, and I followed. Then Liam pointed on one tent. I ran into the tent to see Felix putting a basket with food in one corner.

"Where is Pan's thinking tree?" Felix jumped and glared at me. He was all wet, and the tent was in a real mess.

"Well hello to you too. I don't know. No one does." Felix answered making me curse. 

"You are his right hand, you need to know," I said stepping closer to him.

"I don't know Clary. I need to go." He said rudely and got out. I started getting more worried. But it was Pan. He would be okay, no matter what it was. It was Pan. But, I knew that no one has to face everything alone if they don't have to. And pan was there for me last night. Without a second thought, I rushed into the woods screaming his name.

"Pan!" I screamed but nothing. He didn't even appear or popped out in front of me like he always does.  Where in the world, is his thinking tree? And how doesn't no one know where it is? I shook my head at that. Then I thought about the cliff. Maybe he is there. I went to the cliff and there he was. Standing on the end of the cliff, wet to the bones. He was breathing deeply.

"Peter?" I said and he flinched. I swallowed and came closer to him, step by step.

"Peter?" I said taking his hand and he looked at me, his eyes were dark. He was pale and cold as ice. "Pan are you okay?" I said and he looked back to the ocean.

"Peter." but nothing. He was silent. That scared me more than when he was shouting.
"Damn Pan what is wrong with you!" I screamed stepping a little bit too close to the end of the cliff.

"Nothing." He said calmly. I rolled my eyes.

"You had a nightmare, didn't you?" He shot daggers at me with his eyes. "Pan, what's wrong? " I asked.

" Why do you care?" He snapped.

"I care, Pan. Because you saved me yesterday, and from the mermaid and -

"I think that saving you was a mistake. You always get in some trouble, you always ask too many questions. You are a problem here. And saving you was, I think, the biggest mistake I ever did." He said and turned around. I couldn't breathe at that moment. I couldn't move. I was watching him how he is leaving, not even turning back. I fell to my knees. How could he? What the hell is wrong with him! I just wanted to help. And then it hits me. He is really just playing with me. To him, this is all just a game. He doesn't even care about me or the lost boys. He is a bloody demon, just like Hook said. I bit my lip and got up, but then because I was too close to the end, I slipped and fell from the cliff. I screamed his name, the name of the demon, and I didn't even know why. But then I stopped. It's better if I'm dead. He will not hurt me anymore, and everything will be okay. He will be happy, everyone will be happy. Under me was the ocean, but there were a lot of rocks, and some flowers too. They looked deadly, I closed my eyes, ready to feel the pain, but then I felt strong arms around my waist. I looked up to see Peter. He was flying. He brought us into some cave and I pushed him away.

"GO AWAY!" I screamed.

"You called my name," He only said while crossing his arms.

"And that was a mistake!" I said and I could see.. Hurt in his eyes.