Training

Chapter 10

Pan let me go when we arrived at the camp. I was starving. I was trying to find Felix and then I saw him with some other Lost Boy. I walked to them.

"Hey Felix," I said and the boys looked at me weirdly, but I shrugged it off.  Felix smiled at me and the boys left us two alone.

"Hey, Clary."- He said and I just weakly smiled.

"I'm hungry, where is the food?" I asked and he let a breath out.

"Sorry, Clary but you are late for breakfast so no food for you." My eyes widen. No food??

"Are you serious!" I screamed. I'm going to die. I need to eat! I would give my life for anything right now!

"Calm down! We have some eggs " he said and I glared at him.

"You see, you have something to eat, now please?" He laughed and gave me the eggs. I ate them fast.

"So how was in the cage?" Felix asked smirking at me.

"Haha, not funny," I replied and he laughed.

"Well it was your fault, you didn't have to run away," he said calmly, I rolled my eyes."Why did you run away in the first place?" I turned to him.

"Because of Pan. He is getting on my nerves. I want so bad to punch him! Or something!" I said and Felix glanced at me with a serious expression. 

" If you go against him, you won't survive here." I raised my eyebrow.

"What are you trying to say?" I asked and he got up.

" You will see. Come on, it's training time" he said and I sighed. I got up and followed him.

"This is our training place," He said. It was big. On each tree was a target. And In one corner were some daggers, bows, crossbows, and swords. The boys were already practising.

"You are coming with me," Someone said behind me, and of course it was Peter. "And don't try to run away this time," he said and I rolled my eyes. I followed him. We were on some meadow not that far away from the camp.
"Do you know how to use a sword?" He asked me.

"No. " I replied, and he turned around to face me and he gave me a sword.

" Then I'm going to teach you." He told. Taking the sword in my hand, I realized how heavy that thing is. 

"Try to attack me." He said catching my attention. He just nodded at me as a sign. I raised my sword up and I swung it at him but he blocked it with his sword.

"You need to be faster, and hold your sword really tight." He spoke and then he attacked me, I blocked it. I smiled proudly but then he swung his sword and I didn't know how to react, and his sword stopped by my neck. "You have to be concentrated. Think like your sword is part of your arm." He added playing with his sword. After some time I got tired and angry because I was bad at it. 

"This is so hard!" I said throwing my sword away.

" Where is that fire in you now?" He said raising his eyebrow. "Don't give up. Try again" He added and smiled at me. I sighed, took my sword and looked at him. "Go on." He said and I attacked him. We were practising for 3 hours. Pan didn't give me a break or a chance to catch my breath.

"Pan, I can't anymore. I'm exhausted." I said sitting on the grass. He nodded and sat in front of me.

"You are surprisingly good. I'm impressed." I smiled. "We will practice tomorrow again," he said and I nodded. I didn't know why but I started checking Peter out. His messy brown hair, his green eyes had some unusual gaze, his mouth was closed in a thin straight line and his breathing was so even. "I think we should go back to camp," Peter said breaking the silence. He got up and offered me his hand that I gladly took. I got up and smiled at him. He let go of my hand started going into the jungle, and I followed him.