29

I turned towards the sound of Harry stumbling to stand up. I stood up in front of him, tightly grabbing him by the collar of his shirt.

"If you ever touch her again," I threatened, "I won't stop."

I shoved him towards the door and watched him as he left without a word. I closed Sam's door, making sure to lock it. When I looked back to her she was calmer but filled with fear. Her face was a pale white, her dark hair was messy, her bottom lip was quivering, and her beautiful eyes were wet with tears. I sat next to her on the mattress.

***SAMS POV***

I slightly flinched when Hayes wiped away the tears on my cheek, still startled from what I had just seen.

"Hey," Hayes whispered, "I'm not going to hurt you."

I nodded my head. I leaned into his embrace, I was not able to hold back the stream of tears that poured out as Hayes tried to calm me by combing his fingers through my hair although it was knotted and wild.

"Thank you." was all that I managed to choke out. I was speechless and still shaking in terror.

Hayes titled my chin with him finger tips, I found home in his sparkling blue orbs. I almost smiled through my horror until he said
"Why didn't you tell me?"
I could feel the color and life inside of me slowly drain out of me.
I pulled out of his now lose hold on my body.
"It wasn't as bad as it seemed." I mumbled, not able to look Hayes in the eyes.
"Really?" He barked at me "That's what all those bruises were? Is that why you had a box of condoms?"
His tone intimidated me as I was already vulnerable from everything that was spinning around in my head. Hayes took notice of my distant emotions, moving closer to me and placing his soft touch to my thigh.
"Baby," he said, I looked up at him through my eyelashes, "just talk to me."
I sighed, brushing my cheek of the year that slipped down my face. I took in a deep breath before I spoke to Hayes, but nothing came out.
Hayes took my smaller hand in his, rubbing his thumb over my knuckles.
"Sam please," he pleaded "how did this happen?"
"It's kind of a long story." I quietly spoke.
"Tell me." He said, pushing my hair out of my timid face.
"Its a long story, but it all happened so... Fast." I began, "I was having a really hard time in class so the teacher assigned Harry to be my tutor and something just clicked. I don't know if that click was real for me or just a distraction to keep... Well to keep you off of my mind."
"So this began when you still hated me?" Hayes asked. I nodded. "Even though we all know that you never actually hated me." He teased with a wink, releasing some tension I had built up inside of me. I chuckled. Hayes gave me a soft kiss on my cheek, brining a calming wave over me as I kept on with the story.
"I knew Harry had feelings for me, but I wasn't sure how I felt about him."
Hayes' eyes had grown bigger with concern and interest in every word I had to say. He looked so innocent and pure despite the tattoos adorning his every inch.
"Harry and I went to a party one night," I continued "He got drunk... Very drunk. We went to an empty room and started making out but he tried to... Well you know." My voice began to crack at the memory. The horrible horrible memory. "He started grabbing me and yelling at me to take my cloths off." My eyes were ready to pour out in tears. It took everything I had in me to keep from bawling, my voice was shaking "A-and w-when I wouldn't h-he... um..."
"Baby," Hayes started, "you don't have to tell me. I know."
I wiped my face dry but continued to tell Hayes my horrific experiences, "W-when he finally stopped, stopped violating me, I locked myself in one of the bathrooms the rest of the night. A-and when I saw him after that, he acted like nothing's had happened! As if he hadn't raped me!! I needed the help for class so I forced myself to put up with him. But then he tried to do it again! I just lost it and he, he... H-he got aggressive with me."
I tears began to stream down my face, he pulled me into his arms close to his chest so I could hear the beating of his heart.
"Baby, why didn't you come to me?" He asked the question again.
"H-he, um, he threatened t-t-to hurt you i-if I-I said any-anything." I began panting at the thought of it "I-I-I didn't. I couldn't. I-I-I."
"Hey, hey, hey." Hayes wiped my tears with the pad of his thumb, "It's ok. I'm here now. It's going to be ok."