15

Taylor drove us home and I hopped in the shower as soon as we got there. I I quickly rinse my hair with shampoo and conditioner and washed the smell of sweat off my body.
When I got out Taylor had already laid out my outfit that she chose for me and was waiting with a straightener, hairdryer, and make up to apply to my face.
Taylor had a fat smile plastered across her face.
"Why so smiley?" I asked as I brush through my knotted wet hair.
"Because this is your first date in forever!" Taylor retorted "and honestly I'm happy for you if you want to move on from Hayes this is just the way to go."
"Thank you, Taylor." I have heartedly smiled at her but secretly thought to myself do I really want to move on from Hayes now?
I shipped the idea out of my head what was I thinking I was being crazy. Of course I want to move on from Hayes I don't want him anymore he's not what I need. I knew that this was good for me and this is what I needed right now.
I dresses myself in an off white cardigan with a loose tank top roughly the same color, a blank Bando, and jean shorts. I had on a light layer of makeup to keep a natural look.
My phone started buzzing, I looked at it charging on the night stand.
Taylor picked up the call with a grin, "Hello?" She answered, "Ya Sam will be right out."

I came out to the car waiting for me. He wasn't in anything fancy. Just a tank top and a hat that he always looked good in.

"Hey Matt!" I greeted him with a smile and a warm hug.

Matt tightly squeezed me around my torso. We stepped back from our hug, Matt held my hips and looked me up and down.

"You look stunning." He smirked.

"Thank you." I said with a slight blush.

Matt walked to the passenger side and opened my door for me and closed it behind me. He walked in front of the car and over to the driver seat, getting in and starting the engine.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll have to wait and see." Matt smiled.

I crossed my arms with a huff and sat back in my seat. Matt turned on the radio, his smile never left his lips.

"Why are you smiling so much?" I asked after 30 minutes of driving and he still had the same smile across his face.

"I'm just happy." Matt shrugged, "I'm glad you're here."
He turned to look at me for a second and placed his hand on my knee. I couldn't help but smile too. My smile turned into a wide mouth when Matt pulled up in front of an old abandoned house. I didn't say anything, I just got out of the car the second he stopped.

"Matt, I can't believe you!" I said.

He walked up behind me, wrapping his arms around me from the back and planting his chin on my shoulder.

"You remember this place?" He said.

"Of course!" I said still in awe "We use to come here as kids and okay house."

I turned my head to look at him, I stared at him as he gazed at the old house in front of us. I never realized how handsome Matt was until now. I leaned in to softly press a kiss on his cheek. I saw him blush even though he tried to hide it.

"Come on," he said "there's a surprise inside."

Matt stepped next to me and extended his hand out, asking for me to take it in mine. I hesitated for just a second before I took his fingers between mine. He guided me through a path between two trees with twigs and leaves rustling under our feet leading into the old house.
My chin fell in awe at the sight past the front door. Across the wooden floor were piles of fluffy and soft blankets with pillows scattered around. Thin sheets were nailed over the broken windows with the dim light from outside shining through. At the front of the set up was a large white screen. I looked from the screen to the back of the room to find a projector set on a table.

"A projection movie?" I turned to Matt, then looked back at the set up.

"Well, ya." He shrugged, his hands shoved in his pockets "D-do you like it?"
I looked at Matt, I could see the nervous tension in his expression. I moved my arms around him and give him a tight squeeze.

"It's perfect." I told him.

I felt him softly wrap his arms back around my body.
I pulled back, still close to his body, I glanced at his lips but moved away before anything could happen.

"So what movie are we watching?" I asked.

Matt went to the projector, turning it on without a word.
I rolled my eyes, knowing he wasn't going to tell me. I took a seat in the pile of pillows, the previews started rolling on the screen. Matt came over on the floor next to me. He grabbed a few blankets, covering himself in all three.

"Hello?" I sassed.

"Oh I'm sorry," he said with a tone, "did you want one?"

"Uh kinda."

Matt pulled one off his pile and tossed it over my head.

"Hey!" I called out, yanking the blanket off, messing up my hair.
As soon as I got the blanket off, Matt hit me in the face with a fluffy pillow.

I grabbed the pillow away from him and smacked his head with it. Matt took the pillow back and stood on his knees as he began to repeatedly hit me with the pillow. I grabbed a pillow of my own and began to beat him back until he tossed his pillow behind him and grabbed mine, throwing it behind him as well. Matt grabbed my wrists, he pushed me back and pinned my arms to the floor. He was sitting over me, looking down at me trying to pry free but couldn't budge.

"This is abuse." I said.

"Sorry, Princess." He stuck his tongue out at me.

"Child." I rolled my eyes.

"Weakling." Matt snapped back.

"Bully!"

"Loser!"

"Careful Matt," I said, "don't get off guard."

"Huh?"

Next second I pushed him over and pinned him on the floor. I held myself over him, but wasn't holding his wrists down.

"I win." I said down at him.

"Not quite." He said before pulling his arms around my torso, pulling me down on him.

We both laughed, my laughter stopped when I turned my eyes to the screen. The previews finally ended and the movie menus popped up.

"No!" I said at the sight of the movie title 'the woman in black'

"Don't be such a baby." Matt teased.

"We're not watching this!"

"Yes we are!"

"Are you serious?" I whined.

"Don't worry," Matt scooted closer, putting his arm around me, "You can cry in this pillow." He said shoving another pillow in my face.

I shoved it away, "Shut up. Just play the stupid movie."

•••MATTS POV•••

I cracked a smile at Sam pouting like a little kid at my movie choice. She was always so cute.

I dimmed the lights and pressed play to start the horror film then sat down next to Sam.

"Are you scared yet?" I joked.

"Shut up, Matt." Sam continued to pout.

I was sitting there, next to her, not knowing if I should move closer or hold her hand. I still hardly knew if this was even a real date or if she even liked me like that. I was too nervous to question anything.
I stopped thinking when I Sam ever so slightly moved closer. I looked at her, I could feel the awkward in the air. Hesitantly, I began to move my arm around her shoulder. As I did Sam scooted closer and began to lean on my chest.
Sam watching the movie with a glistening emotion of fear of ghosts in her orbs.
Her eyes were on the screen while mine were on her. She was beautiful and all I ever wanted. A part of me feared that something would go wrong as soon as anything started to go right. I pushed the thought to the back of my mind, to saver the moment while I had it.