21

***TWO DAYS LATER***

***TAYLOR POV***

"What Taylor?" He answered the phone.

"Don't you 'what Taylor' me!" I barked back, "Sam has been sitting on the porch just wrapped in a blanket for two days now! She needs you, so get here!"

"Do you really think that's a good idea?"

"She loves you and I think anything will help her right now."

"But what's he going to think?"

"I don't give a rat's ass about him right now! Get here!" I snapped at him and hung up the call.

A few long minutes later there was a knock at the door.

"What am I even doing here?" He said, "She said she wants to be alone."

"You care about her don't you?"

"Of course I care about her."

"Then go!"

***SAMS POV***

I heard the door open behind me. I sat up, expecting to see Taylor.

"Matt." I said "What are you doing here?"

He took in a slight breathing pause, "I'm here to talk."

"Y-you want to talk?"

He shook his head no, "I'm want to listen."

I straightened up in my chair. I never expected Matt to be the one coming to me after what happened just days ago.

"Were you cheating on me?" He asked with his head down.

"You know I never wanted to hurt you, I just-" I started to babble on, raising myself closer to him.

"Just," Matt interrupted me, "answer the question."

I started to slouch back down, "No, I wasn't." I said, "Not technically."

"What does that mean?"

"I kissed him once. It was only once, I swear." I started the have panic in my voice, "I knew it was wrong and I wasn't planning it. I told him we couldn't but it just happened... I'm sorry."

"How long did you wait to tell me?"

"I told you the very next day."

Matt's face had a look of shock, which almost hurt me to think he was so surprised that I would tell him right away.

"So," Matt cleared his throat, "this just happened?"

I nodded my head, "I don't know what happened."

"I do."

I looked at him.

"You love him." He said.

I didn't say anything.

Matt continued, "I've always known it, I just acted like I didn't. It's obvious that he's the one you want to be with... Hayes is the one you should be with."

I couldn't hold back, I jumped up from the chair and fell on to Matt, holding him in a big hug. He squeezed me back, I felt the warmth of his hug and the flush of joy to know that my best friend was back.

I held him close and whispered to him, "Thank you."

There was nothing I needed more at that very moment then just a hug and the reassurance that Matt would still be in my life. To k ow that he had faith in me. I was so terrified that he would think I went behind his back, but I never would.

Matt moved back from hugging me, "Why are you still crying?"

I wiped away a single tear, "I'm not." I said, "I'm happy."

"You should go to Hayes." He told me.

I nodded my head, getting up from my mess of blankets I had been buried in for days. As I started to walk back into my room, I turned around the face Matt,
"Thank you, Matt. For everything."