28

***SAMS POV***

I got up from my text books and papers to use the bathroom. I winced as my sore muscles throbbed under the weight of my body standing up.
"You ok princess?"
I looked at the boy sitting on my floor with irritation "As if you care." I scoffed.
I looked at myself in my mirror, eyes caught by the small crack coming from the bottom of its frame. I traced my finger up the little line to the end of its break, only wishing I wasn't broken even more so than the mirror.
I flushed the toilet and washed my hands. If I could I would hide in the bathroom rather than go back out to be with such a repulsive human being.
I flinched in pain the moment I opened the bathroom door, grabbing hold of the hand that so harshly grabbed my bare arm.
"Stop!" I begged.
"I don't like this attitude Samantha." He snarled between his teeth, crushing not my thin arm in his large hands even more.
I couldn't bring words to my mouth as I gasped for air, struggling to breath in such terrible pain.
"I said," he continued, "I don't like this-"
"Well, I don't like you!" I managed to choke out the wrong words while pulling and pulling to free myself from his grasp.
He released my arm making me tumble back and slump down the wall. I looked down to see my arm was already turning purple in curves to shape where is fingers crushed my bones.
"Get up." He kicked my feet.
I huffed but obeyed, walking past him to get back to my studying.
I fell to the floor when a strong shove was forced to my back. I turned around to see him nearing closer and above my helpless self.
I followed his hand as he picked up his beer bottle.
"No please." I begged with watering eyes, he raised the glass higher as I backed away, still on the floor, until I hit my nightstand. His arm came swinging down.
"Don't!" I shouted in fear, closing my eyes and shielding myself with my frail and skinny arms.
He smashed the bottle on the nightstand, right next to my head.
"Get on the bed." He spat at me.
"No." I choked out in tears.
"What?!"
"I said no!" I yelled back.
He effortlessly yanked my body from the floor and dropped me on the mattress. I managed to push him back causing him to stumble on my shoes on the floor. I jumped for the door, just being able to turn the handle and leave the door opened a crack before he jerked me back to the pillows and blankets.

•••HAYES POV•••

I approached Sam's door, it was open. I looked down the hall, both ways, to see if she was anywhere but I did not see her.
All of a sudden I heard a familiar voice of terror
"No! Don't, please!"
I bursted the door open knowing she was in danger. I recognized the mess of curls flipping over his eyes as he turned to see me coming in the room.
"Hayes," he smirked with darkness in his eyes, "so nice to see you."
"You don't want to do this, Harry." I approached him, but kept my focus on Sam.
He snickered, "This isn't the first time."
With that I jumped at him. I grabbed his throat and shoved him to the floor. I sent my fists flying into his face until his eyes were purple and his face was covered with red. I stopped, only because I knew Sam was still there. Harry coughed up blood on his stained clothing, he tried with all he could to sit up only to fall back to the floor, gasping for air.
I turned to Sam, huddled in the corner of her bed, I extended my clean hand to her.
"It's ok Sam." I reassured her. She took my hand, quickly falling into my arms with a tight embrace. I could feel the water on her cheeks seep through my shirt as she cried. I combed my fingers through her hair to calm her.
I kissed her head and told her "I'm here."
"I'm here." I said "I'll keep you safe."