23

I saw her lips moving and heard the sound of her voice but I could not comprehend the words that fell from her mouth. The shock just hit me by such surprise, her soft voice sounding like firecrackers in my ears.

***SAMS POV***

I waited for Hayes to say something, anything at all, but he gave me no reaction. He sat there frozen with an emotion I could t pin-point. I could not tell if he was shocked, confused, or felt nervous or awkward. All I know is that he could not get out the words to say what ever was running through his mind.
"Hayes?" I waited for a response from the stiff boy.
He didn't say a word, but instead he grabbed my face with both of his hands, pulling my lips to his. I felt a spark of love and happiness with the feeling of his lips on mine.
"I love you too, baby." Hayes said with a wide smile curving across his face.
He picked me up under my knees, naturally I wrapped my arms around his neck to hold myself to him as he began to quickly spin around and around.
Hayes put me down only to kiss me again, "You have no idea how crazy I am about you."
I mirrored the smile he wore.

***HAYES POV***

The kiss ended but I kept my hands to cup her cheeks. Her forehead on mine.
"I can't believe I get to call you mine again." I whispered.
I watched Sam's smile begin to fade, as her smile washed away so did mine. She shifted her eyes to the ground.
"What?" I softly asked, "What is it?"
She still would not look at me.
"Hey," I said, tilting her chin with my fingers so she would face me, "what's wrong?"
Sam looked down for a second, then back to my eyes.
Her voice was quiet and dry, "I'm not ready for that."
"What do you mean? Not ready for what, baby girl?"
"Don't call me that." Sam said "Don't talk to me like I'm yours again."
"But, I thought-"
"Hayes." Sam spoke in the middle of my sentence, "I'm not ready to jump back into this so easily."
I wanted to bark out 'why' but my mouth would not allow it.
"I want this, I do." She said, "But face the facts Hayes, you've changed... A lot. And if this is going to work I need time to get used to the new you."
I took her hands in mine, "But the old me is still here."
"I know," She said, "but so is the new you. I can't only love half of you. I can't only love what I used to know."
"I understand." I said.
"I just want to work up to it, you know? I'm sorry if that hurts you."
"No, of course not," I told her, "if you need time I completely understand."
"Thank you, Hayes."
"Take all the time you need." I smiled.

___________________________________

AUTHOR NOTE:
IM SOOOOOOO SORRY THAT I HAVENT UPDATED IN SO LONG! AND IM SORRY IF THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT OR IF IT SUCKS!
It sometimes takes me a long time to think of what will happen next, or even get enough free time to write a good chapter! But don't worry there's much in store for this book! Please keep reading! I'll try to update sooner!!!!