16

•••SAMS POV•••

By the time the movie ended I was in a different position, blankets and pillows were scattered around me, and Matt was still sitting in his original spot.
He sat up while I lay with my head in his lap, looking up at his face with every imperfect feature.

"I really like you." Matt suddenly said.

I always knew he did, I just never wanted to think about it more than I needed to.

"Why?" I said with curiosity in my eyes.

"You're different." He said, pushing my loose strands of hair out of my face.

I sat up in front of him.

"How... Why am I different?"

"Because," he softly grabbed around my ankles, I didn't pay attention to it, "it's easy to fall for the light."

Matt pulled me, by my ankles, closer to his body. My legs resting around his sides.

He looked deep in my eyes with his hard brown ones, "But I've seen your darkness."
He was inching closer to my face, the tip of his finger began a smooth path from the top of my jaw line, moving to the back of my neck. I felt my heart speed, not knowing what I even wanted to happen next.
And he said "And I still fell for you, because I wanted it all."

I saw him look at my lips.
I didn't know what to do. I froze. I didn't know if I wanted to kiss him. I didn't know if I felt the same way. I didn't know if I was only telling myself what I wanted to hear. I wanted to think it was Matt, not Hayes, who I wanted to be with but I didn't know if I was only telling myself a lie.
I stopped thinking to my brain and only listened to what I wanted to think was true. I leaned in and kissed Matt.
We kissed and moved our lips together, faster and harder but at the same time still soft.
It was not the same.
I didn't feel the butterflies or the sparks, the way I did when Hayes kissed me.
I pulled back at the first thought of Hayes. But I kept our faces close. I wasn't looking in his eyes until he began to speak.

"Sam?" Matt hooked my attention.

Without thinking twice I said, "Matt, I like you too."

"Y-you do?"

I nodded.

Matt smiled with a smirk that was wide across his entire face.
"I want you." He said "I want you to be mine."

"Ok." I said with a smile almost as big as his.

Matt kissed me again, just a small peck, the got up.
"Ready for the next movie?"

•••THE NEXT DAY•••
•••MATTS POV•••

I came into the frat house and my smile wiped off my face. All the boys were looking at me with grim faces.

"Something wrong guys?" I asked.

Carter came over to me, "You might not want to be here right now."

"What? Why not?" I asked.

"Hayes is going to kill you." Aaron told me.

"What the hell did I do?"

"He knows you spent the night with Sam!" Aaron said.

"What?! How?!"

"Taylor blabbed." He said.

I started to speak "Fucking-"

"Hey!" I heard Hayes holler.
I turned around to see Hayes start to trudge towards me, with a face of rage.

"Come on man, leave him alone." Cameron tried to push Hayes back.

"You fuck off!" Hayes jerked Cameron away from him.

I began to back up until I hit the wall behind me in panic. I had never seen Hayes so pissed off before in my life.

He grabbed the collar of my shirt and spit on me with his words.
"She's my girl Matt! You can't have her!"

"What the fuck are you talking about!"

"Don't play dumb you prick!"

"Hayes calm down!!"

"You can't date her Matt!"

"Why the fuck not? Huh? Maybe she likes me ever think of that?"

"Sam belongs with me!"

"That's not your decision to make! She was my friend before you!"

"But she was my girlfriend! She was mine!"

"Keyword: was! She's not anymore!"

"Matt you know how I feel about her! How could you just go after her like that!"

"Because I have feelings for her too!"

"Ya you like? Well dammit I love her! Matt I'm still in love with her!"

"Well she doesn't fuck you guys like you anymore!"

Hayes pulled his arm back with his hand in a fist. I flinched before carter and Cameron pulled Hayes off of me.
I started for the door.

"Fraternity brothers. Ha." Hayes laughed "So much for that... The funny thing is that I actually thought we were brothers."

"We are." I said at my distance.

"Screw you." He spat "Get out."

"It's time to move on, Hayes."

"I SAID GET THE FUCK OUT!"