Chapter Fifty Nine- Jeremy

I woke up from my mid-day nap with a searing pain in my back and head.

It felt like I was being burned as well as being pounded in the head by a hammer.

I let out a cry of pain and Ryn sat up from the other vacant bed. She had fallen asleep too.

She bolted up and ran to me. "Jeremy! What's wrong?"

I couldn't speak. My throat was dry and hoarse and I felt as if someone was slashing me across the back with glass. I screamed again and she sprinted out the door. She re-entered minutes later with a group of nurses.

They surrounded me, one if them actually flipped me over so they could see my back.

"He's infected!" One blond nurse yelled to the others.

I couldn't see Ryn through the crowd of people, but I knew she was there. I groaned as rough hands ripped the bandages off of my body.

Now the pain was unbearable. It was searing. As if someone was slowly pouring acid onto me.

I was sweating all over and my skin began to heat up.

I began panting and my throat felt scratchy and rough. I couldn't even swallow.

Make it stop. I yelled at no one.

My vision blurred quickly and I saw black spots.

I felt a soft hand on my cheek and I turned to my right to see Ryn's pale face looking down at me. Then, the world was violently pulled out from under me.