Chapter Five- Indigo

I hated my Aunt even more than I hated King Stephen.

She was drunk again tonight. So, it was the perfect time to run away forever.

I had my backpack ready. All I needed to do was sneak out of the apartment and take the subway to some random place in the middle of London. I successfully made it down stairs and out the door, but suddenly, I heard a rustle in the bushes.

Ugh.

I pulled out my pocket knife and prepared myself.

A man in all black sprung out at me and I lashed at him. He stumbled back and put his hands up in defeat.

Confused, I lowered my knife but quickly raised it again, on guard.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you! I'm Rex. I'm here to--"

I sprinted down the street. I thought maybe I could hide behind a bush, but then I thought twice about my blond-white hair and kept running.

This guy had caramel colored skin and curly short black hair. He also had an earring . His nose was sloped and pointed and he had full dark lips.

I have definitely seen this guy before. I thought. Maybe at a super market? Or the bookstore?

I kept running and running and running. But, he kept calling my name. How'd he know my name? I felt a hand on my shoulder and I was jerked back.

I fell onto the hard asphalt, hitting my head. I grabbed at my hair and felt something sticky and wet.

Blood.

I whirled around and was about to yell very loudly at Rex, but I stopped short. It wasn't Rex. It was the leader of the King's League. Damn it.

What he said next made absolutely no sense:

"Well, hello Indigo Robyn. I am Terrin and I hope you enjoy your stay."

He flipped his handgun around in his hand and hit me over the head with it. The last thing I saw was another figure in black running at me.

But, he wasn't running at me, he was running at Terrin. And soon enough, Terrin was on the ground, bleeding.