Chapter Thirty Seven- Ryn

Every single drop of hot water was  bliss on my skin. Finally washing my hair was one of the best feelings in the world.

I even had the satisfaction of using body wash that actually reeked of Coconut. It was super strong, yet I've never felt more clean in my life.

When I finally got out of this stranger's shower (weird) I grabbed a towel and slowly opened the door, hoping no one else was in the loft.

I sighed with relief as I saw that the room was empty and there were clothes sitting on the bed.

I sprinted across the room, grabbed the clothes and sprinted back into the bathroom.

The fabric was amazingly soft and  cottony that I almost forgot that it wasn't a blanket. I slipped it on, making sure it fit my body and didn't look too baggy or too tight.

It was a pair of black leggings that stopped mid-calf and a super billowy, long, grey sweater that reached just above my knees.

I walked out of the bathroom, drying my hair with the towel. I then stole a comb and brushes it out. Making sure I put it in a braid. Almost half of my choppy hair had escaped and rested at the side of my face, but I didn't care. I just curled up into a ball and drifted off into sleep.

I awoke at about three in the morning to the sound of beeping and a door closing. I saw a tall figure enter the room and my steady breathing faltered and I panicked.

Not another gunman.
Not another gunman.
Not another gunman.

I stayed still as the figure got closer to me and at that point I just squinted my eyes shut.

My blood was going to be all over the floor soon.

But then I felt a hand at my shoulder and heard Isaac's deep voice.

"Ryn." I sat up, rubbing my eyes and taking a deep breath.

"Yes?"

"You had a sister, right?"

Had. They always used that word.

"Is this really a reason to wake me up at three in the morning?" I said, glancing at his Porta sitting in his nightstand.

He shrugged and I groaned.

"Her name was Sadie, right?" He sat down next to me.

Was.

I nodded, remembering the sneakers and all the things I had brought with me that were sitting in the corner of the room right now.

"Okay. That's all."

I rolled my eyes and layed back down, instantly falling back asleep.