Chapter Three- Ryn

I felt a large, sweaty hand on my forehead. It was burning.

    I sat up straight, instantly reg-retting that decision. Pain surged through my body and I clutched the rough, thin blanket that was draped over me. Groaning, I glanced up to see Jeremy's relieved expression. I gave a weak attempt at a smile and grunted. Serena was glaring at nothing, like usual.

   "What the hell?" I croaked. Jeremy rolled up his sleeves, sighing in relief.  "You had another panic," He chuckled. "I actually thought you were dead this time."

     I smirked, remembering the first day I had had a panic attack. It was only a month ago. After Sadie.

     Serena rolled her eyes, smacking him in the shoulder. “I’m going to get something from the cafeteria.” She then stalked out of the room, sighing.
     Jeremy sat down at the edge of the bed near my thin legs and I smiled. He smiled back, although it was faint and his eyes were fixed on the floor.
     "But did you see it?" I blurted, clutching the blanket in regret of my stupid mouth.
      "What?" He finally looked at me, rasing a blond eyebrow.
     "Did you see . . . The body? There's was blood everywhere," I shivered.
      "No. We were only about two feet deep into that alley. So we just grabbed you."
     Right. I had ran away from the murder scene. Straight towards the light.
     The light. "You had a flashlight or something with you right?"
     Jeremy's puzzled expression made my heart pound. "No . . ."
     Right now, my brain was a machine and it seemed to be glitching. Every cell was breaking down into nothing and dying away, creating and otherwise empty space inside my head.

     "So, you didn't see the. . ."
     "The what?" He rested a hand near my arm and I froze. He was so close to me; as if he was leaning over me. It felt unnatural.
      I shook my head. "Nevermind."

                           ⇈⇈⇈⇈⇈