Chapter Twenty Nine- Terrin

I walked into the throne room where the king was sitting lazily on the golden seat. His salt and pepper hair seemed to be sticking up toward the ceiling.
His wife, as beautiful and stunning as ever, sat next to him, looking bored.

"My king." I bowed, holding the hilt of my sword so it wouldn't slip out of its holster and clatter onto the stone floor.

I heard him beckon me to my feet. "My wife and I are expecting a daughter in a few months. We hope you could be comfortable having a small child roam around the castle."

I raised an eyebrow.

"We're concerned about. . ." The King pointed to my weapons.

"You want me to baby proof the castle?" I asked.

The King nodded and laughed loudly.

"She'll be taking trips to our Training Center to watch you as you train." The Queen said in her dreamy voice.

I nodded. "Anything else?"

The queen looked over at King Stephen.

"We have confirmation from government officials that Ryn Archer is still alive." The King went wild eyed, yet he still wore a smile.

I gulped as he spoke again.

"You didn't kill her yet?" He chuckled like a mental person. "She's merely a child. How could you lose to a child?"

I stood still in the middle of the court. "She didn't put up much of a fight the first time. We didn't even fight at all. But then I got distracted. . ."

"By what, exactly?" King Stephen seemed to giggle.

"I had two prisoners escape from Buckingham Palace. Thy were broken out by a wanted Rebel." I looked down at my shoes.

The King burst into a fit of laughter and started smacking the arm of his throne, wiping the tears from his eyes.

"And you still couldn't take care of them?" He asked. "What did they look like?"

Fury burned through my veins and I clenched my fists. "One was tall and male. 6'0. The other was average height , maybe 5'6 and female. . ."

"And. . ?" The King seemed to be holding back a laugh.

"And the last was a short female. Probably 5'1."

I walked out of court room, the King laughing his brains out.