Chapter Six- Rex

Indigo was on the ground. Terrin was on the ground. They were both bleeding out.

I glanced over at Terrin, but he wasn't there. He was standing over by the fire hydrant.

"Since when did you become a ninja?" I crossed my arms.

"Well, the King's League does teach us many things." He walked toward me but then stopped in his tracks and glanced at Indigo. "You know, she could probably be of use to us. She could be a plotter."

"Plotter?" I was angry.

"You know, the people that plan all the terrorist attacks and pick the pawns and victims." He grinned, but it wasn't much of grin as it was frown.

I hesitantly stepped forward, challenging him. "She's with us."

Terrin chuckled. "Since when?"

I ran at Terrin, barreling into him. He was forcefully pushed passed the fire hydrant and into the soft grass. He got up as quick as he fell down. He chuckled again and grabbed his gun out of his belt.

I did the same. He shot first. I shot second. He shot third. I shot-- no. I didn't shoot. I was on the ground with a bullet in my shoulder. I crawled towards Indigo, but Terrin was already there. He picked her up and walked down the street, laughing.

My neck couldn't support my head anymore and I was out.