Wounded Hope Chapter 6-Haunt Her

Hope's POV

My hands were shaking like crazy. I tightened m grip around my cell phone as I read the text message over and over again.

 Message from 555-6905

Hello, my beautiful wife. How are you feeling? I have something to show you.

Attached to the message was a file. Usually, I could see a bit of the file once I open the message. But in this case, I couldn't see a thing. I clicked on the file and almost fainted.

There was something that rips inside of you when you see someone who once was so close to you but is now gone, dead. It's even worse seeing a picture of them half dead.

I took a step back and held my breath. It had been forever since my mother got some sleep, and I wasn't going to bring this back just for it to haunt her all over again.

My phone beeped. I had a new message.

message from 555-6905

Did you like my present?

I hope so. Because I have many more for you.

I dropped my phone on the ground. I was going to be sick, my stomach started churning and my head started to spin. I wanted to scream as I fell to the floor, the tears streaming down my face.

"Hope? Are you okay?"

I closed my eyes and rested my head against the floor. Footsteps came closer to me but I ignored them. I wanted to be with Ben. I wanted to scream at whoever took him away from me. I wanted to hurt whoever sent me that picture.