The Deadest Of Roses Chapter 2- Bite my head off. Literally

"Life is just one damned thing after another."-Elbert Hubbard

I smashed into him, making an ear piercing noise. He jumped back and landed on his feet, putting his hand into the dirt to stop him from going any farther back. He growled at me, his eyes were coal black. He growled at me again but ran away. The whole time he was facing me a look that could kill on his face. I was going to hear a hell lot of shit when I got back to the house.

Eryn's POV {A/N-It's pronounced Aron by the way}

"Will's it. Everybody run!" Shaun said running past me. I ran forward, running as fast as I could to catch up to Mimi and Axel. "Guys, wait up!" I said quickly. I shined my flashlight forward and saw Mimi's blonde hair and Axels’ red long sleeved sweater and his brown vest over it. They were about a few meters ahead of me. I ran faster, keeping my flashlight in front of me as my guide. "Come on, let's go before he gets us!" Mimi whispered impatiently, running again. Before I could start running faster, warm arms wrapped themselves around my waist and pulled me closer. I giggled, already knowing who it was. “Axel come on! Will's going to get us!" He just laughed at me and started kissing my ear. I could feel his warm breath faintly touching my cheek.

We did this every year, right before winter. Mimi, Shaun, Axel, Will, and I always went camping ever since high school started. So, this might be our last year camping together. Axel turned me around so that I was facing him now. "Turn off your flashlight"he whispered into my ear. I went up on the tips of my toes and stood centimetres away from my lips touching his. "Make me."

He smiled and went those few centimetres so that our lips were touching. But at the last second, I pulled away and took a few steps back. "Eryn"he said slowly in the dark. I tilted my head and smiled, shining my flashlight in his face. He squinted his brown eyes at me. "Sorry,  but not this time."

I turned around and started running. From my far right I heard Shaun yelled out loud 'butternut'. That was our safe word. The woods were a scary place but we loved it here. Mimi came up with the word so that if someone yelled or screamed and then said that word, we knew that they were safe. I gritted my teeth and started running in the other direction. Making sure to put as much space between Will and I as possible.  This time, I was going to be the last one to be found.

I'm not a mean person. I never had been and never will be. I apologize to people even if they bumped into me. I was too nice. The only reason I was mean to Axel was because I just didn't want to be the first one found again. I don't know why but, every time we played hide-and-seek, I was always the first one to get caught. And I hated it. 

I suddenly stopped, and flashed my flashlight on the trees ahead of me. Somehow, there were three trees ahead of me, which were all curved and woven into one another. As if, the three trees made up one huge big one. I kept my flashlight in front of me but walked towards it. The way it was woven was beautiful. It almost looked like the vines all over my house. (My house was really old and vines were sprouting all over the sides of it.) I put my hand in front of me and moved forward again. All I wanted to do was touch it, feel it, to-

"Don't touch that! This is bad! GET OUT OF HERE NOW!"

The voice boomed through the woods. I turned around and looked to both sides then, in front of me and behind. Then I looked up. Shining my flashlight everywhere. But whoever said that didn't show themselves and they didn't sound like any of my friends either.  I turned back to the trees and stared at them.  "I said LEAVE! Or else they'll find you! They want to kill you, Theol. And if they find you, you're a goner. So RUN!" I dumbly stared at the three trees. Did they just yell at  me to run? And if they did, why did they just call me Theol? 

I slowly stepped away from the plant. Watching it the whole time. Then, I heard a scream. Mimi's scream. And it wasn't a 'ha ha. You scared me and now I'm out'. It was more of a 'I'm in pain" kind of scream. I stopped walking and stared at the trees. 

"Theol! Run! You can't be here anymore!" the trees started to separate. No. They started to turn into dust. Fading into the midnight air as if they never existed. I heard a growl near where I heard Mimi scream. Axel started screaming too, and then finally Will. They were a choir of screams, yells, and terror. My heart started pounding so loud that it was all I could hear. 

I started running towards them. But then I saw a body standing behind a near by tree and I ran over to them. I shined my flashlight one their face but they moved before I could lift my hand. "Shaun?" I asked into the darkness. Nothing happened so I turned the flashlight to a near by tree and saw the form more clearly. They weren't Shaun at all. Shaun had auburn hair and this guy had a dark brown colour. His eyes weren't like his eye colour either. 

And that's when I realized that his eyes were red! "Help!" I screamed.  He jumped at me and pinned me down to the ground. He bent his head as I tried to struggle and get out of his grasp. His lips touched my neck, they were cool. Too cool to be human, cold. I let out a painful scream.Then I died. 

THE END.   

{A/N-Ha ha ha. No, that's not the end of this story. I'll write more. I just got frustrated and decided to do a joke on you guys. The REAL rest of this chapter is below. I'm starting it from where she realized Xadrian's eyes weren't the same colour as Shaun's.}

I started to walk slowly backwards. But then my foot caught on my other one, then next thing I knew, I was on my ass. I looked up at him. My flashlight had seemed to roll away from me and was now in between us. Then, coming from the way my flashlight was facing, something flew in the air. Coming towards me. Closer and closer. Wait. It's coming towards me? Oh fucking hell.

I started screaming as it bared its teeth at me. Large and sharp. I started crab walking backwards still, screaming my head off. The guy I saw before hit it head on, pushing it to the side. A strong air, almost like a strong wind or breeze hit me, throwing my hair all around me. I was shaking, my eyes huge as I sat there, staring at nothing but darkness. 

{A/N-Crab walking is when you're on your back and you start walking on you're hands and legs with your stomach in the air.}

And then, my flashlight was in my face. The guy sighed. "Get up" he snarled at me. I got up. Only to have my legs give out and be right back to sitting on my ass. The flashlight was back in my face. "I said. GET. UP." But this time, his voice was louder, more angry with me. I was shaking. My whole body was.  I looked up past the flashlight and looked at him. I couldn't see him pretty well but, I could see one thing for sure. He wanted to bite my head off. Literally.

Thanks for reading! I'm just going to start off with the good funny sort of parts from now on with this story. It's a mean one, I tell you.

That's a picture of Xadrian!