The Darkness Of Tomorrow Chapter 3-Without our deal

When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.  ~Author Unknown

Colton's POV

The woman fell to her knees, the tears running down her pale cheeks. I watched as Foster came out from behind the woman. "You're ten years is up" he said. She turned only to see his forest green eyes and short honey blonde hair. 

"Jaret" said the woman standing up. Forster leaned forward and held her tightly, "Lauren, I'm so sorry." I watched them, leaning against a nearby wall. We were in an old warehouse waiting for Ross. Ross was Satan's second in command. He was also my father. Foster hugged her again, but this time, he looked at me. His eyes said it all. He wanted to kill her right then and there. I smirked at his disgust by her.

Someone put a hand on my shoulder, my body tensed just as Foster's relaxed. "Enjoying the show, son?" My father said, giving my shoulder a squeeze. He walked past me and Foster moved away from Lauren. Her face showed fear as her warm brown eyes started to get red and puffy once again. The hounds growled at her, snapping and barking too. She screamed and ran to Foster but he moved out of her reach. I snapped my fingers and the hounds whimpered as they obeyed me. Ross stopped walking,taking everything in and watched Lauren cry out in distress and fear.

Foster gave her a sympathetic smile before returning back into the darkness. "Jaret?" she looked around the room. To her, this place was empty. But to me, there were three demons and at least a dozen hound dogs. And we were all waiting for my father's commands. "Jaret? Where are you?" Her eyes went huge my dad smiled and stood right in front of her.

I watched him as his wings sprouted from his back, his skin started to tear open, making room for his wings. His ears shot up, his demon skin was a leathery black colour.

Lauren screamed and Ross grabbed the collar of her shirt and picked her up. "I hear you owe me something." His voice was deep and he licked his lips. She screamed again. "Please let me go. I'm not ready to leave my family."

He growled at her, "Without our deal, you would have died ten years ago."

The tears started coming down her face faster than before, "I know but-"

His sharp claws made contact with her tear-streaked face. She screamed again but this time, it was the last sound she ever made. The hounds ran to her body. I ran in after, not wanting to be the last one. Foster broke her leg, licking the warm, delicious blood. I grabbed an arm just as a hound was going to bite into it. I took a bite of her skin first, letting the warm blood spill through my fingers. My stomach growled, wanting more. So much more.

Rider's POV

Zeke kissed my neck once more. Rubbing his hands up and down the front of my body. My body was hot and sticky. "That was amazing" he murmured into my ear. I smiled to myself and got out of his bed. I was going to meet Nigel and Darius somewhere. I grabbed my clothes and Zeke sat up.

"I have something for you" Zeke said, getting up. I put my shirt on, my hair was a mess and I needed to get back to my room before anyone knew I was in here. I slipped my shorts on just as he put something inside my bra. A piece of paper. 

"Read it when you're in your room." He jumped onto his bed. I gritted my teeth, feeling the warmth of my finger tips begging me to cause him pain. I walked out of his room, too angry to say a goodbye.

*****************************

I sat down on my bed, looking up at the ceiling. "This is bad.... Why are you sleeping with him?" I shook my head and took the piece of paper out of my bra. Slowly, I opened it.

Hello Beautiful (:

Your mother had something that I thought you might want. I won't tell you what it is, you'll have to see for yourself. It's under your bed.

I got off my bed and looked under it. There, in a sitting position was a doll. I reached for it and put it on top of the bed. The doll had midnight black hair and ocean blue eyes. The doll was wearing a black dress and blue shoes that matched her head bane. It had pale skin. I poked it in the cheek.

"I'm not a toy, Valtreqz."

"Holy fuck." I jumped and moved back. "Did you...…Did you just talk?" I asked staring at the doll.

She blinked. Then blinked again. "Yes, yes I did. Now come here, I have to show you something."

I stood there, not moving closer to her. What if she tried to kill me?

She sighed, "Your mother trusted me with her life. Who do you think brought you to that orphanage? Luck?"

I thought that over. How did I get to the orphanage? Who found me? Slowly, I walked over to the doll. "What's your name?"

She grabbed my hand and instantly we were somewhere else. A place where there was an endless forest. The trees were all different colours. "What is this place?" I asked. 

She smiled at me then let go of my hand. The second she let go, we were back inside of my room. I tripped over my feet and fell on my ass. 

She laughed, lifted up her hands and blinking once more, "My name is Maimuna."

{A/N-pronounced May-Moo-Na. THANKS for reading! That's a picture of the place Maimuna took Rider."