The Darkness Of Tomorrow Chapter 2- Scared me the most

I almost forgot. Never call me Valtreqz or I will kick your ass. Zeke was the first one to call me Rider and everyone just caught on. The reasons why he called me Rider was because 1. Valtreqz wasn't easy to pronounce and felt long on everyone's tongue. And 2. An old friend of his named Billy had a vision about me and told Zeke that I was a 'rider'. To this day, I still don't know what he meant by me being a rider.

************************************

Chapter 2

I slumped down into the seat next to Jenn. She looked up at me, then scrunched up her face. "Ew, you smell like shit." I dropped my lunch onto the table and put my head on the table as well, feeling the cool wood against my warm skin. "Well, I sure feel like shit."

Erica started to clap her hands like a three year old and sad, "We should go bowling!" I lifted up my head and stared at her, "No." 

She started to pout and put on her puppy dog eyes, "Please? Why not?" Jenn looked from me to her then back again, thinking about who's side she should be on. "Because I said-"

"Why, hello there ladies." 

I sighed loudly and put my head back down on the table. "Go away, Daniel" I mumbled. I hated my school. I didn't even like my friends. But I needed to fit in, to blend in and make it look like I was mortal (which I'm not). The bell rung, telling us that lunch was over and to get back to class. Leaving all alone and miserable. 

As sad as it was, neither Darius or Nigel went to the same school as me. Darius went to Malvern, the high school that was the best one in Lakeshore, with the coolest people, best parties and teachers that didn't care what you did. Nigel on the other hand, went to Gladstone High, a high school that was only for the gifted. Everyone there were smart as hell with no tolerance for people who said 'um'. Which left me, here. At Carleton, the school full of freaks. I was the only one in the house who went there (I'm not kidding). 

I barely notice people, I back talk, and I also have no tolerance for idiots. The only reason I went to a different school than everyone at the house was because I was too different for everyone. And Zeke didn't need me getting people in trouble for my stupidity. 

"Miss Lynn, please pay attention" said the occasional teacher. Someone snickered in the back row. Slow, I lifted up my eyes and looked at the young woman with bags under her brown eyes. "ok."

Like I said before, I back talked all of the time. And everyone knew it too, so of course I was going to piss her off. "Slowly, I went into my desk and pulled out a sling shot. A guy from the back started to laugh but Daniel started to cough to cover it up. The occasional teacher didn't even notice.

Once again, I reached into my desk and pulled out a medium sized rock and aimed it at the back of her head. I pulled back the string and held it there for a few seconds. I knew that the second I let go of the string and the rock hit her head, she would wince and then turn around and a million paper balls would go flying for her face. Some wet, some not. I let go of the string and watched as the rock went flying towards the back of her fake blonde head. When it hit her, she jumped then turned around and the paper balls flew at her face.

****************************

"What are you doing here?"I asked staring at a six foot man with sandy blonde hair and deep green eyes. I raised an eyebrow at him. "Zeke? You're supposed to be in Cali right now."

 He moved away from his black Mercedes and came closer to me. "Hey their doll" he put a hand on the top of my head and I flinched. That's when I felt a pull, instantly when his hand made contact with my head, I could feel him pulling a memory and taking it for himself.

He moved his hand away from me and opened the passenger's door. "Get in, Rider."

Wow, he's in a douche bag mood.

I did as I was told and got into the car. He slammed the door shut, got into the driver's side and then started up the engine. The speed he was going, he could have been a street racer or something. But what I didn't understand was why he passed the exit that led to the house.

"Zeke, you missed the exit" I said and pointed back behind us. 

He didn't look at me, instead he kept on going higher on the speed-o-meter. "No shit sherlock. I have to talk to you. And I don't want fucking mind readers knowing about it ok?"

He made a sharp turn and I slammed into my side door. "seat belts. They save lives." The sarcasm was fresh in his voice. Which only meant one thing-he was pissed.

Slowly, I put my seat belt on and kept quiet. Doing any spells were only going to make things worse. And the more pissed he was, the worse I was going to get it. The car suddenly came to a complete stop my body moved forward but he put a tanned hand on my chest and lightly pushed me back into my seat. 

And just like that, he was cradling my face in his hands, his deep green eyes staring  into my grey eyes. He leaned in closer, but I didn't feel anything, not a pull  or a tug, or that awful pain of having a memory forced into my head. Nothing at all, the only thing that I felt was fear of what he was going to force me to do. And nothing scared me more than that.

 DONE! One week later, it's done. I'm so happy with myself. YAY!

Vote, comment, fan,.

Thanks for reading!