The Darkness Of Tomorrow Chapter 1- I lost my parents

“I don't wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your mind must know it has got to get down to work.”-Pearl S. Buck

{A/N- Most of the creatures mention are FICTIONAL. Meaning: I made them up, or went on an amazing website to find them.}

"Call her that again, and I'll punch your face in" Darius said taking a huge step closer towards Nigel. I sighed and shook my head. It hasn't even been a day  since Zeke left for California and a fight was about to happen between the guys (Well, at least two of them). "Oh yeah, big shot? What are you going to do about me calling your 'little doll' a pathetic, ugly, nasty, smelly, disgusting, little-"

Darius punched Nigel Square in the face, cutting him off about his rant on how much he hated Gemma (Darius's mortal girlfriend). Nigel flew back and hit the wall, causing the whole house to shake. His body was face down on the floor now.

"Gemma is awesome. Don't you ever say a thing like that about her again. Got it?" Darius said, his dark eyes filled with fury.

Nigel got up from the floor and shook his head, shaking the dirt out of his light brown hair. "Bitch that puts on a whole gallon of perfume. I swear, if you won't eat her, I think I might."

That was how it always was when Zeke left to go somewhere (even if he was just going to the candy store). The weird thing about today was that, it took Darius and Nigel longer than usual to start an argument (that soon led to a fight).  And it was more annoying because, since these two morons were my best friends, I was always watching them fight until the other had a broken bone. Which I hated. 

"What's going on here?" Emily said, tilting her head to one side. She then started chewing her gum loudly. I gritted my teeth as the four of us, were in the living room, the only noise was her extremely loud chewing. 

Darius smirked as Nigel smacked his hand against his forehead. She slowly turned to me, her big brown eyes full of happiness and laughter. Something, that wasn't showing back in my grey eyes. Her smile faltered a bit, but she kept firm. "Am I missing something?" 

I shook my head, heat already radiating off of my body. 

"Then what's going on here?" 

"Nothing Emily. Please leave us alone" I said politely. Darius was in front of me in a flash, blocking my view of her with his six foot and over frame. "Come on. Don't do this, please. We don't need Zeke back here, the same day he left" he said to me. I took a step back from him. His dark eyes showing strength but fear. 

"I wasn't going to do anything" I muttered and crossed my arms over my chest. I turned around and walked out until I was in the back yard.

"Rider, you're a witch. And a powerful one at that, I know for a fact that when you're pissed. You're really pissed. And when that happens, you do things that you don't mean...most of the times" he went on saying. I gritted my teeth and grimaced. He was right, I really did do stupid things. Especially when I'm pissed.

I kept walking until I was in the far back of the back yard and sat down on the grass. The nice warm, sun beamed on my olive coloured skin. Darius sat down beside me. Darius and I have known each other ever since the beginning of time. No, I'm kidding. We've known each other ever since we were three. When we were both at an orphanage.

Yes, Darius and I are orphans. He's been one ever since the age of two when, his dad left him when he was just born and his mother died from a heart attack. Both of his parents were Skin Walkers. 

I bet, right now, you're scrunching up your face thinking what's a Skin Walker? 

Well, let me tell you what a Skin Walker is. Skin walkers are like werewolves but aren't werewolves. Yes, they can turn into them but, they don't like being the same creature as Jacob Black from Twilight (or maybe that's just Darius). They can change into anything that has skin and walks (which is almost anything) so Darius never got bored with being one creature.

 While, I lost my parents about a week after I was born. Like Darius said before, I'm a witch. So people normally don't like witches because they think that we're bad people and stuff like that. But really, most of us aren't. We just want to be respected, that's all. But long story turned into a shorter story, Zeke told me that the people who lived in my old town found out that my mother was a witch and wanted to burn her to death. My father was a mortal, but loved my mother so much that he couldn't watch her die in front of him. So they got burned alive together. 

Now, you must be wondering how Zeke knew all of this. Well, he's a MNÊMÊ. This means memory in Greek. That is how Zeke knew about my parents death. Apparently, when they burned my parents, the people at the town wanted me to watch their horrible deaths because it was against the law to kill children. Lucky me, they couldn't kill me (even though I bet you one million dollars that they would have if they could). 

{A/N- pronounced mmmm-ney-mey}

The day I met Zeke, he touched my forehead (which was against my will) and I could feel it. I could feel that pull, that tug as if, he was taking something from me that I never knew I had. Which was why Zeke was a MNÊMÊ. He could give you memories, take them away or just look at them. Nigel slammed the back door shut. "Nice going Rider, Emily's crying."

My mouth dropped to the ground, I watched in confusion as he came closer to us. His blue eyes showing only anger. "Because of me? What did I do to her?"

He looked me straight in the eye, "You put a spell on her last time, why wouldn't you do it again?"

"I didn't this time! honestly!" the heat was back and was covering my whole body faster than ever before. Nigel saw it and relaxed a bit. My body was shaking now as my bottom lip quivered. What the hell was happening to me? I never got emotional. Everyone knew that.

"Rid-"

"Valtreqz Lynn, someone would like to speak to you!" I turned my head slowly to see an old woman with greying hair, bright green eyes and a big scar across her left cheek. "Yes Ms. Tiller."

What? you actually thought my name was Rider? ha! Nope, my mother loved strange names, but because of the Q and Z being together not very many people know how to pronounce my name (the Z is silent). And the only people who called me Valtreqz were Ms. Tiller and Zeke. Everyone else called me Rider. 

I got up and started walking back towards the house. Darius and Nigel followed me slowly. once I got in, Emily and Elliot were sitting at the main floor's kitchen table.  Elliot glared at me.  Elliot was Emily's older twin brother, twins with different yet the same supernatural power. Numbly, I looked down but I could still feel all of Elliot's emotions running through his body and straight at mine. I could feel rage, hatred, pain, and misery. I flexed my fingers and progressed farther. 

However, the closer I got to them, the more, those dark feeling started to get mixed up with lighter, more happier ones. That was what Emily and Elliot were. They were mood changers, Elliot being the one to change your moods to dark moods while Emily changed them to lighter moods. And if you don't already know, I'm not a very happy person. Ms. Tiller handed me the phone and I took a deep breath before I put it next to my ear.

"Hell-"

"Stop it, Rider. Your being a bitch and you know it."

Oh Zeke, always going straight to the point. I smiled to myself but kept quiet, waiting for him to finish talking. But he never continued.

"Look Zeke, I didn't do anything but tell her to leave."

On the other end of the phone, there was calm breathing for a few minutes, then he said me, "get in your room."

Irritated, I did as I was told, muttering a spell to take me to my room. When I was in, I slammed the door loudly so that he could hear it, all the way from California. "You're a complete jackass" I said into the phone. This was responded with a short laugh. "Says the girl who puts spells on innocent people." 

I snorted back at him and laid down on my queen sized bed. This building was huge and old. I lifted up a finger as Zeke kept on talking to me. "With the power of water and fire, burn Emily Misse with a fire kiss" I said under my breath. I curled up in my bed as my spell would work on her in the morning. 

"Rider, I said no spells on Emily."

Damn MNÊMÊ.

Thanks for reading! I know that it is very long and it might be boring but I promise it will get better!