Chapter 4-Where's my new meat?

You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith.  ~Mary Manin Morrissey

Maimuna's POV {A/N-pronounced May-Moo-Na. I love this name.}

"Well, look what we have here." I tilted my head as Xadrian pushed past me. "Ouch. Still having daddy issue's little boy?" I laughed as Ezra stood at my doorway. Holding something that smelt too damn good to not have a taste. But then I remembered that Ezra was holding her.

I looked at the mortal and I could see fear in her eyes. But more than that, I could see pain. I sighed. "I was going to say, 'you're such a sweetie for bringing me dinner'. But then I remembered that you turned into a VV."  He smiled at me and rolled his eyes as the mortal raised her eyebrows. 

"What's a VV?" she asked. I rolled my eyes and let them through. The smell of blood was making me very thirsty. Too thirsty. I cleared my throat. 

"You have about two hours before she goes bye-bye. So hurry this up."

Ezra put her down on the couch and I moved closer to her. She raised an eyebrow again. "How did you get here so fast?" 

I rolled my eyes again. "How did you not see me come? And how are you not a blonde?" She started to get angry and opened her mouth but before she could say anything, I curled back my lips, showing my teeth. I opened my mouth to give room for my fangs to extract. Her skin went pale fast, as if, she just saw a ghost. I moved my head towards her neck.  "You smell really good."

I moved away from her and the look on her face was beyond terrified. "A VV means a Vegetarian Vampire." I turned and went to the kitchen to get medication and bandages. When I came back into the living room, the mortal had more colour back in her face. "Oh, sweetie, did I scare you before? Because I'm sorry for that."

Xadrian snorted. Oh he knew me so well. Ezra gently pulled up her jean leg to show me her injury. "Let me guess, you fell when you saw Ezra?" I asked moving closer to her leg. She started to turn red and shook her head. 

"No. I um, I actually don't know how I broke my ankle and I didn't meet Ezra until we were back in the city" she said. I raised an eyebrow at Ezra, then slowly turned to face Xadrian. He wasn't facing me but I knew exactly why they came to me with a mortal and didn't just go back to their beautiful house. 

"Solomon" I said. "He would kill her if she went there. And you don't keep a mortal, unless..." I trailed off, waiting for Xadrian to attack me. But he didn't. Instead he told me to call him when I was done and left out the front door. And I thought you were supposed to be head over heels in love with the love of your life (or immortal life I should say). 

Ezra's POV

Maimuna took a deep breath and started to put medication on Eryn's ankle. She cleaned it then, she bandaged it up. "I'm shocked Ezra" she said. "Don't you still have that thirst for human blood?"

We were upstairs now. Eryn was sleeping down stairs. "Of course. But I've grown used to the wanting and-"

"Ya, I get it. You're a good boy, who eats his veggies and not eat meat. Shut the fuck up already."

I shrugged my shoulders and leaned against the wall. Tonight was going to be a long night. And I knew that Solomon was only getting more pissed by the minute.

Solomon's POV

"Solomon. Calm down"  Miles said to me. I laughed and threw a table at the wall. It smashed almost instantly. Everything breaking into little, tiny pieces. "I'm not calming down because I'm not angry. I'm really thirsty."

I picked up two chairs at a time and smashed then against the wall. My eyes started to turn red as my fangs started to expand. There are many different kinds of vampires on Earth. There are the ones you see in movies, (the fake ones) and the actual real ones that might cause your death in the future (vampires like me). 

I am an advanced vampire. Being as old as I am, (which is over five hundred years) my eyes can turn either red or black. Depends how thirsty I am. Right now, I'm not very thirsty. My fangs are sharper, and I can come out in daylight. Experienced vampires (the ones in the middle) Just barely have black eyes, most still have red or gold. Their fangs are still growing and the thirst for blood is the strongest at that point. New vampires, are awful, annoying, and stupid. Which was why the most important rule about falling in love with a mortal is very important-you can't turn a mortal until they have been around vampires for nine months. 

And by this, I mean, they can't go back to their lives anymore. And the vampire that's in love with the mortal has to be on their toes because, human blood is irresistible. 

Miles yanked the rest of the furniture out of my hands and put it down. "Solomon. Relax now." 

There were dozens of us in this mansion. Everyone was a vampire now. The mansion we lived in was huge and old, with vines creeping all over the place. 

At that very moment, I could smell him. I moved closer to the door just as Xadrian came threw it. "Where's you new meat?" I asked. 

Everyone looked over at us, Miles stiffened just as Lucinda giggled. Xadrain looked up at me, but kept moving. When he came near me, I grabbed him by his hair and started to walk outside. He barely struggled but pushed me off and walked in front of me. 

"I asked you a question. Where is she? I want her" I said, watching him. 

He didn't flinch nor did his expression changed. "She's not here. And NO."

No. He said no, I can;t have her. I glared at him, fire building up inside of me. "Remember that I was the one who turned you. I could have let any of the others killed you, but I chose not to," I started to walk away from him. 

But at least I got my answer. He was in love, and she was going to die.

Eryn's POV

"Ok, ready?" Ezra asked me. I nodded my head and he opened the front door while still carrying me. The second the door swung opened, dozens of people were staring at us. Their mouths slightly watery, and eyes full of thirst. 

Ezra cleared his throat and walked inside. My heart started to beat faster as dozens of pairs of eyes watched my every move. "Don't be afraid. They'll only want you more" Ezra said under his breath. I gulped and held my breath. A girl that looked around my age, danced towards us. 

"Hello, Eryn. I'm Lucinda." She smiled at me, widely and the suddenly I could feel that I was going to die today. Even if it was only three PM in the afternoon.

In an instant, Xadrian was in front of me. "Give her to me. I need to get her away from these idiotic sons of a bitches." I didn't know what was happening until I was in a bedroom with Xadrian. He threw me onto the bed. My heart started to be faster once again. He started to pace, back and forth. Something hit the wall too fast for me to process. I flinched and he turned on me. His eyes red, his body felt like a rock when he hit me, knocking my breath out of me. 

I was scared. He got off of me and walked out of the room. Only to come back a second later. He snarled at me. Or so I thought until a man moved away from behind me and walked out the door. Was he going to kill me? Already? The look on Xadrian's face said that he was pissed. But I was once again, terrified. 

Thanks for reading!