Chapter 3- Scare her to death

Xadrian's POV 

"Stupid mortal. Fucking knocked yourself out," I muttered. I looked down at it, I mean her body, her calm breathing and easy beat of her heart. I sighed and put my hands on the top of my head. I was really hating Solomon right now. (But then again, he was way more angry with me than I was with him.) I sighed again and looked up at the moon. "Rule one about being a vampire: NEVER fall for a mortal. Especially, when you just look at her."

I picked up her body, and walked back the way I came. "Rule number two: You feed on a human, you get rid of the body," I muttered again to myself. "Fuck you Solomon." I kept moving silently through the woods. When I found the first body, I didn't know what to do with the living mortal that was still in my hands. So I just did what I usually did with the insignificant creature. I dropped her to the ground. She fell with a barely audible thump. Her body landed on a pointed rock and I heard a sickening crack. "Oh. I think she broke something" I said, looking down at her body. "Oh fucking well." 

I picked up the now dead blonde and started moving with her. Her body swaying with the wind. I found an old small little house that was across from a river and I knew that, that was going to be the best place around here. The the old house, had rotting tree flesh, a bunch of fire wood in front of it and also smelled like rotting food, wood, and corpses. I shivered at gag reflex inducing odor, but made my way to the house. I kicked the door lightly and it burst open, hitting a far away wall.  

"Oh no, Xadrian. Why would you ever want to get Solomon angry? And over a pathetic, little mortal?" I sighed. This wasn't good. Word already spread about my stupidity and now, I was going to have to deal with it before I even got back to the house. I slowly turned my head in the direction of where that lovely, dead, annoying voice came from. There, laying on a chair with her legs on the armchair of a rusty, old leather seat that was starting to fray. She looked me straight in the eye. Her dark eyes showed amusement and anger.

I smiled brightly at her. "Lucinda. How are you? Are you enjoying your stay here at the dead people's Inn? I sure hope so!" I went up the stairs and into a small bedroom. There was a couple in there, but they were dead, naked, and their eyes gleamed cold at me. Though as if, there was something, something in those cold dead eyes. Like they were accusing me. I shook my head and went back down stairs. Lucinda wasn't sitting on the old leather chair anymore. Instead, she was standing in front of the fireplace. I came up behind her and snarled. "Move bitch." 

She moved. That stupid smirk still playing on her lips. I threw the body in the fireplace, the wood already there and left to get the other bodies.

************************* 

After all of the dead teens were in the fire place and I had the living girl somewhere safe, where I could easily get her faster than Lucinda, I started the fire. The bodies burned slowly. Too slowly for me to wait. And in that twenty minutes of waiting until, it was too hard to notice who they were, she started singing and dancing. 

"Xadrian has a girlfriend," she sang. 

I gritted my teeth. "No I don't." 

"You're right. You have a wife. A soulmate. You have found your true love." She twirled around in her five inched heels and black skinny jeans. Her blonde hair going everywhere. I picked up the girl and started leaving. Lucinda called after me. "Oh, sweet love! Don't kill her! She's your one and only." She started laughing and I moved even faster through the woods.

The second I saw streetlights and people walking around, with stores everywhere, I knew that I couldn't have her in my arms anymore. Not because of the other mortals, but because of the other vampires and supernatural life that was out there.

I turned behind a shop and put her down. Her body slumped to the ground. I had to wake her up, how? I thought about this for a few moments. Then I had an idea. I found a bit of water form a nearby fountain and splashed it in her face. She twitched. Though didn't wake up. I started to tap her face a bit. The second my hand made contact with her skin, she opened her eyes and her mouth. I pulled my hand away and then threw my jacket over her head. She tried to take it off but, I held it down on her head.

When she stopped fighting, I slowly took it off her head and covered her mouth. Her green eyes went huge as she tried to pry my hand away from her mouth. I effortlessly kept my hand where I left it. "She can't breath" Ezra whispered in my ear. I took my hand away from her mouth, and she took a deep breath.

"What the fuck is your problem? Who are you?" she asked, narrowing her eyes at us. I turned to Ezra. I never had to talk to an angry mortal before. Drunk yes, happy, yes, but angry? Never.&nbsp

'We just saw you here on the street and thought that we should wake you up. That's all" Ezra said.  

He smiled, meeting her gaze and she relaxed. That was, until her eyes landed on me. "You. I saw you attack that thing! Who are you?" she started to back away, her eyes getting bigger by the second. All I wanted to do was scare her to death.

"Don't you mean, what are we? you did see what I did to your friends didn't you?" I smiled at her and stepped forward. "Oh shit, Xadrian" Ezra said under his breath. She took a quick glance at him and he smiled apologetically at her. She turned to run but, I caught her collar and pushed her right back. I turned her around and the look on her face showed pain. I smiled evilly. I saw the same expression of accusation on her eyes as the dead couple. I felt the tiniest tremor of guilt but continued my cat and mouse game. 

"Did you break her ankle because it's broken," he said from behind me. I held her collar firmly, my eyes glaring at her for making me feel emotion.

Eryn's POV

My body was shivering. I felt cold and numb. Most of all, I felt the pain that was blasting itself from my right ankle. The one that I saw earlier had my collar in his hands firmly, not letting go. A fleck of something crossed his eyes but they remained cold and evil. As another, came closer, extremely slowly towards my broken ankle. "It must hurt from the expression on your face," said the one looking at my injury. 

"My name's Ezra, by the way," he said gently lifting up my leg. I winced, just barely because of the guy still holding my collar. "Oh he's Xadrian. He's the one who saved you."

I looked at the one named Xadrian and debated wether to smile. I decided to do it partially out of gratitude, and partially so that they would back off a little, "Thank you." He snarled at me, showing his teeth.

Ezra sighed and slowly put down my leg and moved his hair out of his beautiful grey eyes, meeting my ugly green ones. I smiled at him and he smiled back at me. "So, um. We should take you to the hospital," he said. Xadrian didn't let go of my collar as Ezra got his car.

I balanced all of my weight on my left foot. "My name's Eryn by the way" I said and looked up at him. He snorted but didn't look at me. When Ezra came by with the car, he helped me get into it while Xadrian just got into the passenger's seat and slammed the door shut.

Ezra's POV 

I started the engine and we drove off. I already knew that we couldn't go to the hospital because well, because of the annoying lights and having to explain why and how she broke her ankle. We couldn't go back to the house because, Solomon was there and everyone else was on his side for this one and no one wanted a new mortal in the house (the last one was killed by Wyatt. And so, Jade lost her true love. Though she found another). The only place that Xadrian and I knew was a good, safe, place for two vampires to stay comfortably and keep a mortal still alive, was a place that I haven't gone to for a very long time.

Thanks for reading.That's a picture of Ezra.

The Notebook of CrapOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara