Ch. 7 Detention For All!

(A/N: Warning! This is "possibly" only half the chapter! x3 I write in a differnt font on Word, so it sometimes adds up to be less than it was  on Word. Thanksgiving Spacial and the possible rest of this chappy will be up tomorrow nigth!)

~With Georgia

Georgia saw her friends in the large food court and grinned. Look at everything around them! New York had to feel like she was right at home, with all the different cuisines and cultures coming together, not to mention the décor.

Suddenly, Georgia noticed the tension in her best friends’ eyes. To make matters worse, they were sitting in the American part of the food court. What had happened? New York should be sampling everything to bring it to her house! Hawaii should be studying the Japanese culture!

Stomping over to see what the trouble was, Georgia dropped her palms on the table and glared at each girl.

“Okay, now what’s goin’ on!? You guys are usually swarmin’ sights like this!” she protested angrily. New York gave her a weary look, then simply let her head fall onto the table they sat at. Georgia blinked in shock. Did New York just ignore her? No way! She could be as rude as she wanted to anyone, but her! Georgia’s face turned a dark red. “New York, if you don’t look me in the eye this very minute, I’m going to beat the tar out of you! Are you listenin’!? New York, if I have to-“

“Georgia…” Hawaii interrupted softly. She gazed purely into her friend’s eyes. Georgia quickly calmed down, sighing softly as Hawaii continued. “We just had a really rough morning. I had classes with Japan first thing in the morning…that didn’t go well at all….”

Georgia frowned. “What exactly happened to you?” she questioned, concern showing. Hawaii smiled sweetly. “It’s not much….just…”

~Flashback~

Hawaii sat boldly in her seat as Japan continued his lesson. She tried to keep herself from watching him, but out of respect for her ‘superior’ and her upbringing, she found herself staring intensely at whatever he wrote. She frowned, tapping her paper with her pen out of habit.

Japan paused and looked directly at her. “Is something wrong?” he asked, seeming genuinely disturbed by the sound. Hawaii stopped immediately, at lost for words. “Um….” She started. She felt the eyes of her classmates on her as they waited for her to answer. Hawaii slowly pulled her bag over her head. “Sorry…I was just thinking. It’s a habit.”

Japan nodded and wrote out a character on the board. “We need to start working on your kanji immediately.” He said. “Copy this image on the board as I pass around this paper with ten other characters. WE will be reading haikus after you all get the hang of reading and writing with kanji.”

Hawaii smiled to herself. And here she thought it’d be something hard.

Once everyone got a paper, Hawaii quickly finished writing the kanji and set the paper aside. She raised her hand smugly. “Excuse me, Japan! I believe I should be getting those haikus now.”

Japan gave her a blank stare. “You realize ten characters in my language is less than ten English words, correct?” He asked. Hawaii grinned. “Of course. I just don’t need to take this class. I know Japanese kanji already.”

Japan didn’t change his expression, pulling out a haiku and giving it to her. “Okay…” he said simply. “Will you speak for me while the others write?”

Hawaii felt her heart collapse. “What?”

Japan motioned towards the paper. “Just read them to me in a soft voice, so you will not disturb your fellow states.” He said. Hawaii blinked, blushing madly. She sat in the seat near his desk and began to read. All the time she read, she could feel him staring. Each time she dared to look over the paper, his stoic expression puzzled her. She couldn’t tell what he was thinking.