Chapter 15

(Nariah's POV)

I woke up this morning to my phone ringing like crazy. I check the caller ID and it says Valerio wants to FaceTime. I look to my right and see him not there I shake my head. I answer the FaceTime.

"What do you want Rio?" I got up. Picking up my clothes.

"I'm sorry I left tesoro I just had some business to take care of." He stressed.

   I straight faced the camera. Like I was really gonna really believe that shit that he was spittin'. "Yeah sure you did Rio." I rolled my eyes.

"Watch them eyes cupcake." He warned.

"Bite me." I snapped.

"Oh I already did if you just the mirror." He smiled on the screen.

   I gasped and ran into the bathroom to look in the mirror. When I looked I saw a red mark on my neck.

'No this ass didn't'

   I ran back to the room and picked up the phone to see Valerio laughing.

"That's not funny how am I suppose to go into work with this on my neck." I blew out a breath. "I'll just cover it up with makeup."

"I dare you too." He immediately stopped laughing.

"I have to Rio that is do unprofessional if I show up with this thing on my neck." I point out.

"Cover it up if you want to." I laugh. I hang up on his face. That's what he get, there is no way in hell I'm not covering that up with makeup.

   After I put makeup on the hickey I leave for the office. As soon as I get there I see Kelly leaning on my desk looking at her nails.

"Heyy sexy chocolate." I laugh shaking my head.

"Really sexy chocolate that's my new nickname now?"

"Yes, yes it is."

"Ok Kelly." I walk into my office. Once I get into my office it seemed that the day went by very slow.

"Sexy chocolate you have a patient." Kelly walks into the room.

"Ok Kelly get the hell out." As she walks out someone walks in and by this someone I mean the guy that I met in the grocery store.

"Hey I remember you, your the nameless number in my phone that I been thinking about texting." He points at me.

"Yup that's me."

"I never got your name though but now I know your last name is Williams what's your first name?" He asked sitting down.

"It's Nariah, you?"

"Nate Bennick."

"That's a weird last name. No offense." I laugh.

"None taken sweetie." He winked.

   After I did his normal check up and things, we just started to talk about nothing really. The office door opens in the middle of us laughing. In walks Valerio.

'How in the hell does he get back here without someone checking him?'

"Whose your friend Riah." He spits out.

"A friend Rio." I mock.

"Well tell your friend to get out because I need to discuss something with you."

"No you get out and wait till I get home to discuss this something with me." I told my arms.

"Well since you guys are fighting here I will just leave."

"No."

"Great."

   I look over and Valerio with a look of disbelief written across my face. The nerve of this man.

"No your fine Nate just wait one sec." I drag Rio outside.

"What is wrong with you?" I threw my hands up.

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you?" He points in my face. "Why in the hell are you in there laughing with him?"

"Oh wow that's why you came in here mad because your were jealous?" I roll my eyes.

"Do you like him or something? Is he better than me?" He threw questions left and right. I was fed up.

"Oh come on Rio you just got here and your acting like this, you know what," I stopped myself. "Yes I like him and yea he's way better than you." I huff.

   Valerio looks at me with a helpless expression. He nods his head and turns to get something off the desk in the hall. When he turns around I see that there are flowers in his hand.

"Well here you go I was coming to surprise you for lunch and say sorry for leaving in the morning," He handed the flowers over to me. "But it looks like your occupied." He turns and walks away.

"Wait Rio!" I yell after him. He shakes his head and continues to walk. I speed walk after him. "Would you hold on."

"Here give this to him to and tell him to scratch my name off of it." He gets in his car and drives away.

   I look down at the card and open it.

I'm sorry sweetheart that I wasn't there when you woke up. I wish I could see your gorgeous face. I hope you know that I'm very glad that you are in my life and hopefully forever.

Love, Rio❤️

"FUCK!"

~SOOOOOO sorry that I haven't updated in a while. Between work and final exams I was honestly exhausted. But I'm back now and I'm going to try to update every day.

But tell me what you think about this chapter. Was Nariah wrong?~