Chapter 18

~You guys might have seen that I re-updated chapter 17 that's because my phone and computer was acting weird. It would say I had the short version of Chapter 17 on my phone but the long version on my computer so I just re-posted it to make sure and hopefully its ok. If its not can you comment or message me personally and let me know.

BTW, that's Nariah's look now and I'm absolutely in love with the short hair.~

(Nariah's POV)

6 Months Later.

   For the past 6 months have been exhausting, especially since I'm working more hours. Max has been helping out more and more and its really great. I know its been hard for Max also because he's over here helping me out and trying to continue whatever business him and Rio had going on.

   Max broke me out of my thoughts walking through the door.

"Hey MaxyPad." I laughed.

"What did I tell you about that name Ri?" He glared at me.

"What? I think its cute."

"I think it sounds like something women use when they're having the dragon week." I gave him the strangest look.

"What in the hell is Dragon week Maxy?"

"Oh you know when women have their period." He laughs and I punch him.

"Your not funny you ass." His laugh died down. "But Maxy can I ask you a serious question?"

"Of course whats up?"

"Do you ever feel like Valerio is still around you and watching you?" I look down at my hands. I felt hands go to my face and lift it up.

"Ri you have to accept the fact that he's gone and isn't going to come back." Max said softly. I shook my head pushing him away.

"No I can't accept it. I can't, because if I do I won't make it to see tomorrow." I look at him through my tears eyes.

"DON'T you ever, EVER say something like that again because you will make it and everyday after that you will!!" He screamed. "HE IS GONE, HE IS NOT COMING BACK. OK? MY BESTFRIEND WHO IS YOU FIANCÉ IS NOT COMING BACK!" He started to sob. It only made me cry harder. I knew that Valerio was basically all Max had left and he was taken from him.

We both started to calm down after a couple of minutes. Then he left without another word. I called Kelly to come over to tell her what happened and because I was bored as hell. There is literally nothing to do when your pregnant.

"So is he mad at you or something?" She asked resting her head in her hands.

"I don't think so, I guess he just doesn't like people seeing him cry." I shrugged eating some watermelon with chocolate.

"Bitch that shit is so nasty. I hope you know that." Kelly scrunched up her face.

"No it is not, its good as hell."

For the rest of the night we just laugh and watch Orange Is The New Black. Maybe I was just crazy about Valerio still being alive and watching me. Another part of me was saying that I was right.

Now that I'm all alone since Kelly left I was hungry, and I've already tried to call Max to see if he could bring me some food but he wasn't answering. So I, myself walked to the grocery store. As I was walking I heard footsteps behind me. I turn around only to see nothing. Suddenly, I was pushed into an alley.

"So your Valerio's little bitch." A guys laughs. "Now that he is dead your all alone with no one to protect your fine ass."

"You know Snake you were always the liar." A dark voice calls out. The Snake guy releases me and turns around.

"What the fuck your sup-" He gets cut off by getting his throat slit.

I scream and balance myself against the wall. Before I could get a good look at the man he turned away and ran down the alley.

You know what I did? I got my shit and hurried my ass back to my safe, warm, comfy house.