Chapter 17

(Max's POV)

   After they announced that Valerio had passed away I stood there frozen for the longest time. What brought me out of my thoughts was when I heard a body hit the floor. I looked to my left and seen Nariah on the ground. I went to her and picked her up.

"She needs help she's burning up and she just passed out." I went to one of the doctors.

   He took her out of my hands and placed her on a gurney and rolled her into the room. After a couple of minutes he came out of the room telling me that she will be alright she just needs to rest because the stress is not good for the babies.

   I nodded my head understanding then froze for the second time today. 'She's pregnant? Why the hell is babies plural? She's having more than one?!?'

   I took a seat in the waiting room chairs before I went into her room. I honestly couldn't believe she was pregnant. I know it was going to cause more stress on her since she just found out her baby's father died. Since Valerio was like family I am going to help her out with anything she needed. I get up and walk into her room to find her staring at the wall.

"I'm pregnant." She whispers and looks down at her belly.

"Yea and I know that since Valerio isn't here your gonna need help and I will be here to help you all the way with the babies." I rush out.

"Babies? What the fuck? I thought it was only one." She scrunched up her face.

"Yup your having twins." She starts smiling.

"I'm going to be the best mother I can be to my babies." She rubs her stomach.

"Your going to be a great mother I know it." I got up from the chair and began to walk out.

"Hey Max."

"Yeah?" I turned around.

"Thanks for everything." I smiled.

"No problem."

   I walk out.

(Nariah's POV)

   I was still in shock from what the doctor told me about having babies. I was excited but I was heartbroken at the same time because I knew they would have to grow up without a father. I knew that Valerio would be looking down watching us making sure we are safe.

"I'm always going to protect you guys and your dad is always gonna protect the both of us." I whispered to my stomach.

   I went to sleep after singing to the unborns. I already felt connected with them and they're only the size of a grain of rice.

Weeks Later

   The next couple of weeks went by quick they let me out of the hospital the day after I fainted and told me to take it easy. I started calling my friends and family about the news and it seemed like everyone was happy for me just a little worried. I told them that I would be fine I just needed some rest from all the stress that was happening for the past week. Max came and checked on me almost everyday to see if I needed anything.

   Nothing weird has been happening except my cravings. I was really craving watermelon and chocolate. I was kind of grumpy some days but others I was normal. I been working extra hours so I could start getting ready for the babies and saving up. I know its not good to work a lot when your pregnant but what else can you do when you need the money. Max was over lecturing me about working a lot.

"Nariah it's not good for the babies if your stressing yourself."

"Max trust me I'm not stressing myself I'm just taking extra days and hours." I shrugged. He patted the couch. I went and sat next to him.

"Gimme your feet woman I know your boats are sore." He laughs.

"Oh shut up I don't have boats I have cute ass feet." I laugh and put my feet on his legs. This is the first time that I really laughed since Valerio died and it feels good. No I am not feeling Max its just like he became my new male bestfriend and I became his new female bestfriend.

   Soon Max left and I was left in my thoughts.

   He is there for me when I'm feeling sad about Valerio and when I feel like I can't go on. I absolutely appreciate him for that. I miss Valerio so damn much I can't take to even hear or think about him. I feel so much regret for what I said to him that day at my office, I feel like its my fault he died.

   I fell so in love with his crazy ass in little time and it hurts to know that he will never know that. I walked into my room and got ready for bed. I laid down.

"I'm so sorry Valerio I miss you and love you so much bambino." I sobbed. I cried for an hour and my eyes started to droop. Before I actually fell asleep I heard a voice softly in my ear.

"You have nothing to be sorry about, I love you too bambina." I drift off to sleep.