Chapter 16

(Valerio's POV)

   After I left Nariah's job I went home. I don't know what hurt more her saying what she said or me thinking that I forced her to be with me.

   A lot of thoughts were running through my head that I didn't notice my door opening up. In walked in Max.

"Hey ma-" He stopped. "Woah who pissed in your cereal today?"

"Nobody just got a lot on my mind man, but wassup." I sit up on the couch.

"Well I got a guy saying that he wants to make a deal with you." He sits down.

"Who is he?"

"Some guy named Johnny I didn't get the last name."

   After I got all the information together I called this Johnny and set up a meeting with him to a stranded warehouse. Max and I called the boys and told them to come here and strap up. After about 15 minutes we left the house. When we get to the location we see about 20 guys standing there in the middle of them I see the leader who must be Johnny.

"So what deal did you want to make Johnny?"

"Deal?" He smirked and pulled out his gun.

   Before I had time to react I felt three shots go to my body before I hit the ground bleeding out. I heard guns being shot around me and tires screeching. Ambulance sirens could be heard in a distance. After a few minutes I felt myself being lifted up on a gurney. I didn't want to go to the hospital because there was a 50% chance that I would being going to jail. If I didn't go to the hospital I would die but I might die if I go there anyway.

   Soon my vision turned black.

(Nariah's POV)

   After the whole thing with Valerio I went home to have a date with Ben and Jerry's. As I was in the middle of eating the ice cream my phone rung. I looked down confused about why the hospital was calling my phone.

"Hello?"

"Is this Ms. Williams?" A female voice came through the phone.

"Yes what's this about?" I asked.

"It's about Mr. De Rege." I dropped my phone, ran to get my keys and hopped in my car to drive to the hospital.

   Once I get inside the hospital I run to the front desk.

"Hi what room is Valerio De Rege in?" I ask the woman.

"He's in surgery right now." I turn around to the voice behind me. "You must be his girlfriend Nariah." He held out his hand.

"Yes and you are?" I shake his hand.

"I'm his bestfriend Max. We met that one day you stitched him up"

"Oh yea I remember you. What happened to him?" I looked down the hall hoping to see Valerio walking through the doors perfectly fine.

"He was shot 3 times."

   I turn around so fast I believed it could have started a tornado.

"How? Why? Again?"  I yelled. Tears were starting to come in.

"Its not my place to tell you. I know we been through this before but its really not business to tell." He put his hands up and walked to go sit back down. I turned and punched the wall.

   We were in the waiting room for about 3 hours waiting for news about Valerio. Soon a doctor came out of the double doors. I stood up quick and nudged Max.

"Hi are you guys Mr. De Rege's Family?" He looked from me to Max.

"Yes she is his fiancé and I'm his brother." He stated.

"Okay well Mr. De Rege is out of surgery it went well but he keeps slipping in and out of sleep so it could be easy for him to slip into a coma or pass away." I shake my head having tears come down my face. "You guys can go see him, one at a time though." He finished walking back down the hall.

"You can go first Nariah." Max said. I nodded following the doctor.

   When we get to the room I took a deep breath and opened  the door walking in. I saw Valerio laying in bed looking drowsy watching TV. When he heard the door he looked up and met my teary eyes.

"C'mere." He motioned me over to him.

"Why do you always end up in these situations Rio?" I let a sob come out. I walk over to him and wrap my arms around him making sure I don't hurt him.

"Shh don't worry about me Nariah I will be alright." He stroked my hair. "Don't forget about me." He whispered and all of a sudden his strokes became weaker and weaker until it stopped all of a sudden.

   The machine started beeping like crazy I got scared. I looked up to see Valerio with his eyes closed not moving. I ran out the room calling for the nurses.

"Please, please help him!!!" I cry out. I try to run back in the room but they wouldn't let me.

"We need to focus so we need you to wait out here ok?" I nod my head.

   After 15 minutes the doctors came back out of the room. I rushed to them almost knocking them over.

"Is he okay? Is he alright? Can I see him?" I threw question after question at them. I felt my heart sink when they shook their heads with sadness in their eyes.

"I'm sorry Ms. Williams, we tried everything we could to revive him but he just wouldn't come back, I'm so sorry for your lost."

I collapsed. 

~Damn, even writing this made me sad. Poor Nariah. I'm sorry this had to be such a sad chapter but I hoped you like it anyway.~