Chapter 22

(Nariah's POV)

The last couple of weeks with Valerio here has been smooth. I woke up to the smell of breakfast being cooked, so I went downstairs to see Valerio in nothing but boxers standing over the stove. I walked up behind him and hugged him without sqeezing my belly against him. He turns around carefully smiling.

"Hey bambina how did you sleep?" He asked. I pecked his lips and smiled.

"I slept good love what about you?" I yawn.

"Eh I could've slept better." He shrugged.

"Why do you say that?" I scrunch my face.

"Because everything that I put you through is haunting me." He looked away. I sigh and move his face to look at me.

"Listen, it's over and done with ok? What you need to be worrying about is getting Maxy to forgive you." I smile. He nods taking out his phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey Max I was wond-"

"Look man I'm sorry ok? Can we meet and talk about this?"

"Ok meet me at the park across the street from Riah's place."

"Alright bye."

   He hangs up the phone. He starts to get his shoes on and runs out the door. I laugh and follow him.

   When we get to the park we see Max sitting on the bench waiting for us looking down at his phone. He looked up and saw us walking toward him, he smiled at me but a scowl was placed on his face when he saw Rio walking beside me. I hear Rio sigh next to me and stopping before slowly walking to his ex-bestfriend.

"Hey Maxy." I sit down next to him.

"Hey RiRi, what you been up to?" He gave me a hug.

"Nothing much but we are not here to talk about me." I gave him a look. He sighs and turns to Valerio.

   There was an awkward silence for about 5 minutes. I looked between the both of them wondering who was going to start talking first. Max was stubborn but Valerio was worst so when he started speaking first I was in shock.

"Listen, man I know what I did was really shitty but I'm sorry and you know it, I didn't mean to cause any harm I just wanted to make sure she was safe and you will understand once you get that special someone in your life." Valerio explains while looking at me saying the last part.

'Awww I'm a special person to him?'

"Valerio you were my bestfriend, my brother and you were all I had left and hearing that you died, do you know what that did to me? That hurt the shit out of me." Max voice cracked. I nodded my head rubbing his back.

"I know man I know and I feel like shit for it and I never meant to make you feel that way." Valerio pleaded. "I just need my brother and bestfriend back, please man."

"Whatever dude but if you ever do some shit like that again then I will fucking kill your dumb ass." I laugh.

   After a while we were just talking and catching up. All of the tension was gone an it was relaxing. Now that everything was out on the table and explained we could just have a regular conversation but when it comes to them its never a normal conversation.

   After sitting there talking for about an hour I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I hold my stomach and look down to see blood seeping through my clothes.

"Guys what's going on?" I yell out in a panic. They look over at me with wide eyes.

"Oh shit Max get the car, NOW!" Rio yelled to Max. Max got up and ran as fast as he could to get the car. Rio picked me up and started running towards the car. The pain in my stomach kept rising.

"Oowwww this shit hurts, what's wrong with the baby Rio? Is it ok?" I yell frantically.

"Everything's gonna be fine baby." Valerio whispered.

"Max drive to the nearest hospital hurry!" Valerio instructed as soon as we get into the car.

The drive to the hospital seemed like it took hours and hours. I was worried for my baby. I absolutely hope that I'm not having this baby now because I'm almost 9 months and it's too early. The car comes to a screech and I look up to see we're outside the hospital. We rush inside.

"SOMEONE HELP MY WIFE PLEASE!" Rio rushes me in the wheelchair. Nurses and doctors run to see what's wrong.

"What seems to be the problem sir?" They ask checking me.

"Well she is pregnant and out of no where she starts having pains and bleeding." Rio rushes out.

"Alright wheel her into the ER so I can take a look at what's wrong." They start to move me and I yell out holding my stomach. I could hear Valerio walking behind me and then stop.

"Sir we are going to need you to stay in the waiting room while we see what's happening." They tell him.

"What?!? No that's my wife I need to be by her side." Rio argues.

"We cannot take any risk and you being there may be a risk." They say and Rio sighs. I turn around to look at him.

"We will be ok baby trust me. I love you." I say weakly to him. He walks over and bends down in front of me.

"Ok you guys better come back to me bambina. You hear me?" He kisses me on the lips and my belly.

"We will sweety, we will"

He stands up, they start to push me back into the room. I look back to see the doors closing blocking a tear stained faced Valerio.

'I pray everything is ok.' I thought.

~hey guys I know I been slacking but I'm back for sure this time and hope you guys like and comment on this chapter😘❤️.~