Missing

Bella and Jake woke up early the next morning to head back to Seattle. 5 minutes of packing the truck and they were on the road.

"Why did we have to wake up so early? Bella yawned.

"Traffic, I want to avoid it" Jake replied back, echoing Bella's yawn.

"Well we missed it alright. It's dead right now, I'm pretty sure no one in their right mind is awake at this time."

"Just close your eyes and go back to sleep, I'll wake you up when we get home."

Nodding her head Bella closed her eyes.

Everything around her was silent, a young adult female walked forward into a clearing. She looked familiar but Bella couldn't understand why. "Sarah Black, you have returned to us, are you ready to become what you were born to do." An invisible voice spoke. Suddenly Sarah began shaking as if an earthquake ran through her body. Suddenly her clothes shredded into pieces and a roar burst through her body as she shifted into a massive wolf with silver fur.

Bella woke up, panting as she looked around. She was home, Jake was no longer beside her and Sarah was gone from the back seat. Bella put two and two together, Jake took Sarah into the house to lay her down in her crib. Yawning once more, Bella removed her seat belt and got out of the truck. Walking into the house, Bella stopped in front of the stairs and she heard something splattering on the floor. Looking down, Bella saw a pool of clear liquid. Sighing, Bella felt as a small contraction vibrated through her body.

"JAKE!" Bella yelled out.

"Bella?" Jake replied as he was coming down the stairs. Jake's eyes followed Bella's shocked face to the floor where her water had broken. "It's time?" Jake questioned. Bella looked up and just nodded her head. "Go get in the truck, I will get Sarah."

Heading to the hospital, Jake weaved in and out of the early morning traffic. Several times Jake slammed his hand on the horn in frustration.

Bella sat in the passenger seat practicing her breathing. As Jake slammed on the brakes Bella slammed her hand on the dashboard in frustration. "I swear to god Jake, if you kill us I will kill you. I'm trying to be calm here but you are revving up my nerves, and trust me I don't like it." Bella spent the remainder of the car ride glaring at Jake.

Pulling up to the front of the hospital, Jake got out of the truck and went for a nurse. The pain soaring through Bella's body kept her from registering anything that happened around her. It came as a surprise to her when she was being helped into a hospital bed.

"Oh shit, mother trucking piece of shit" Bella yelled.

"Woah, Bella chill you are sounding pretty rediculous"

Grabbing the front of Jakes shirt Bella slapped him across the face. "You try giving birth to a baby, its not easy."

Jake put his hands up and took several steps back, his eyes wide. "Um, I'm just going to go home and get the bags I forgot." Scared out of his mind Jake walked quickly out of the room.

Laying back and relaxing in the bed Bella closed her eyes to try and ignore the labor pains.

"What are you doing here?" A familiar voice spoke.

Bella snapped open her eyes and turned towards the voice before gasping. "How did you even find me?"

"I work here, I know people"

"You know your dad" Bella replied in a smart ass tone. "As for what I'm doing here, I am pretty sure it's obvious, I mean I have a huge belly, and I'm in the maternity ward; I'm having my tonsils removed." She replied, her voice full of sarcasm.

"Who's the father?" Edward asked.

"Don't play stupid, you and I both know who the father is."

Pulling out a clipboard, Edward checked his charts. "Jacob signed you in."

"We have been married for several years, so don't even go there." Bella snapped. "We already have a daughter and he is a good father."

"Despite being a dog" Edward argued.

"You know what, get the hell out of my room. Why are you even here in the first place, Leave... now!"

"I can't do that, I'm your appointed doctor and I am assisting in bringing your puppies into the world."

"No... I refuse. I don't want you anywhere near my babies, my husband let along myself. I want to talk to the head of the hospital."

"That would be my father" Edward smirked.

Mumbling a few swear words under her breath, Bella took out her cell phone.

"No cellphones allowed on the floor."

"Fuck you" Bella snapped as she dialed Jacobs number and put the phone to her ear. "Jake, come get me. I don't want to have my babies in this hospital."

"Why?" Jacob asked

"Edward was assigned to assist my giving birth."

The sound of a revving engine was heard from the other side of the phone before Jake hung up the phone.

"Jake's on his way, if I were you I would be long gone before he got here." Bella threatened.

"As you wish Mrs. Black" Edward responded before walking from the room. Before Edward could get out the door a strong arm blocked his way.

"I thought I told you to stay clear of my wife." Jake growled. "They said you were smart, but I guess they were wrong." Jake pushed Edward up against the wall. "You will go out there and hand this case over to another doctor and say I can't be her doctor for personal reasons, got it."

Not wanting to cause a scene for the sake of keeping the family secret of being vampires, Edward simply nodded his head and left the room. Jake closed the door behind him and walked over to Bella's bedside.

"Where is Sarah?" Jake asked.